Title: Java Programmers
Job Order: 1250
Agency: Florida Department of Environmental Protection, DEP
Location: Bob Martinez Center, 2600 Blair Stone Rd, Tallahassee, Fl
Duration of Assignment: August 28, 2017 - June 30, 2019
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
REQUIRED - Tasks to be Performed
REQUIRED - Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
- Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
- Assisting in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Writing, translating and coding software programs and applications per specifications.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Working with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
PREFERRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
- 4+ years’ experience developing Java applications
- 4+ years’ experience in web development leveraging XML, HTML and CSS
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Experience using code repositories, preferably GitLab or Subversion
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins or Continuum
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- - Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- 4+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- 4+ years’ experience leveraging Java Frameworks such as Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with Apache Derby RDBMS
- Experience maintaining WebLogic Server
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
- Experience with Jasper Reports and Crystal Reports
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected