Title: ETL Specialist/Consultant
Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Location: 701 West 51st, Austin, TX 78751
Solicitation Reference Number: 537400601
Working Title: Systems Analyst 3
Title/Level: Systems Analyst 3
Category: Applications/Software Development
Telework Policy: Position will be 3 days remote (Mon, Wed & Fri) and will be required to be onsite 2 days (Tue & Thurs).
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Systems Analyst 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Systems Analyst 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
Selected individual will support a cloud based analytics platform based on AWS using Informatica Powercenter and Snowflake. In addition to the skills listed, experience with other Informatica tools such as MDM, Axon, and EDC will be preferred. Knowledge of Python will be preferred.
- 15 years, Required - IT Experience
- 10 years, Required - ETL experience
- 10 years, Required - Working on Data Warehousing projects
- 10 years, Required - Experience working on Enterprise Scale database solutions, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, and similar
- 10 years, Required - Experience with Business Intelligence or Reporting tools such as PowerBI, Crystal Reports, SSRS, or simlar.
- 05 years, Preferred - Agile or Scrum
- 04 years, Preferred - Experience creating data models, including star and snowflake schema strongly preferred. This should include both Physical and Logical Data models.
- 04 years, Preferred - Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or similar strongly preferred
- 03 years, Preferred - Experience with scripting languages preferred, including Python, PowerShell, and similar.
- 02 years, Preferred - Experience with AWS CodeCommit preferred.
- 02 years, Preferred - Experience with Informatica PowerCenter Strongly preferred
- 02 years, Preferred - Experience with Texas HHSC / DSHS preferred.
- 02 years, Preferred - Experience with Snowflake Cloud Database.
Services are expected to start 09/01/2023 and are expected to complete by 07/31/2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1904 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 701 West 51st, Austin, TX 78751. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Services are expected to start on or around September 1, 2023 and are expected to completed by July 31, 2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1,904 hours for FY24. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.