Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
The Worker will serve as a senior Business Analyst/Product Owner for the project of integrating the credentialing data used by Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) into the Provider Enrollment Management System (PEMS). PEMS is HHSC’s system for enrolling providers into the Medicaid program. Providers must be enrolled in order to deliver services to Medicaid clients and receive payment from HHSC or the Medicaid MCOs. The credentialing process ensures providers have appropriate credentials to provide the services for which they choose to enroll. For example, a physician’s license would be verified through the credentialing process. This project will ensure the credentialing process is fully integrated into the PEMS application to streamline provider enrollment and reduce the number steps providers must take to get enrolled and credentialed.
The Worker will be responsible for delivering quality products that meet the state's desired operational and technical requirements. The Worker will have considerable latitude to use their experience and judgement to ensure successful completion of their assigned tasks. The Worker will be required to multi-task, analyze priorities, communicate clearly, and set expectations for the phases of the project. The worker will be responsible for communicating with multiple internal and external stakeholders including program and technical staff, and other contracted and vendor resources. The Worker will participate in meetings, track deliverables and schedules, and alert management of any project issues . This position will work closely with the Director and the Deputy Associate Commissioner for Medicaid and CHIP Serivces, Operations Management.
Thes will be a key role in ensuring the success of the integration of credentialing data in the PEMS.
The Business Analysts, PEMS Credentialing Integration (PEMSCI) will:
• Analyze program policies, procedures, and processes to determine the impact on business systems and functional areas.
• Analyze and review system, data, and project deliverables such as business user requirements, design documentation, test plans, and risk assessment plans to ensure business and technical requirements are met.
• Work with program area staff to solicit, analyze and document business processes and requirements.
• Act as a liaison between state staff and vendors to translate operational and business requirements to vendors.
• Serve as the Product Owner for an agile team, including working with agile/scrum teams of contracted software vendors to implement system changes.
• Analyze and write User Stories with Acceptance Criteria based on business needs and according to the Agile methodology.
• Develop and maintain business user test scenarios and participates in systems and user acceptance testing.
• Tracks document and report the status of testing.
• Evaluate proposed test strategies to ensure appropriate test coverage.
• Identify potential project risks and issues and develop mitigation strategies,
• Report project status to management and the Project Manager on established timelines.
• Document action items and business decisions.
• Conduct meetings and/or presentation tasks as needed.
• Manage schedule for deliverables as established.
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|8||Required||Experience in performing complex business analysis and writing technical documentation.|
|8||Required||Experience reporting project status to management including risks, issues, and key decisions.|
|8||Required||Experience identifying project risks and issues; and developing/implementing mitigation strategies.|
|8||Required||Experience utilizing business analysis skills and interacting with business end users to gather, validate and document business requirements and translate into technical solutions to satisfy the business needs.|
|8||Required||Experience performing review and approval processes of complex technical user and system requirements written by vendors.|
|8||Required||Experience with Microsoft Office products (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).|
|8||Required||Experience coordinating and developing test plans/strategies, exit criteria and test scenarios.|
|8||Required||Experience executing detailed test cases within a complex software environment.|
|8||Required||Experience using testing management software.|
|8||Required||Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management software.|
|8||Required||Experience utilizing the Agile software development methodology.|
|8||Required||Experience as Senior Business Analyst or Agile Product Owner.|
|4||Preferred||Experience with Texas Medicaid.|
|4||Preferred||Familiarity with Federal funding requests (Advanced Planning Documents).|