Title: Grant Management IT Contract Specialist
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Solicitation Reference Number: 304138027R1
Location: 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts requires the services of 2 IT Contract Manager 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of IT Contract Manager 2, Information Technology Contracting and Procurement and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
Candidates submitted MUST have Significant Grant Experience
The Candidate will be part of the CPA Contract Administration and Procurement (CAP) team, performing highly advanced (senior-level) consultative services and technical assistance work.
The Candidate will perform these tasks:
• Will manage, monitor, or audit complex technical contracts or grants for the agency.
• Works directly with partners to support the design, research, preparation, and execution of the state program plans. Develops methods and strategies for assessing grant or contract performance.
• Monitors compliance with of contracts and grants by reviewing agreements, contracts, expenses, activities, and federal and state regulations to ensure all requirements are followed and performance metrics are met
• May conduct policy research work and data analysis in multiple areas.
• May coordinates and/or analyzes project costs and provide input into budget justifications and budget revisions for contracts and grants.
• Serves as a liaison between the division or agency by attending meetings, responding to information requests, and resolving issues between parties involved.
• Coordinates and provides inputs to work plans and timelines
• Maintains current knowledge of legislation and efforts by federal, state, and local governments. Drafts and reviews legislation, fiscal notes, and determines administrative costs for pending legislation. Monitors legislative hearings of interest as appropriate.
• Assists with project management and procurements for contracts and grants as needed
• May perform data validation and analysis.
• Responds timely to customer service requests.
• Performs related work as assigned.
10 years, Required - Experience with procurement contracts
7 years, Required - Experience with complex technical contracts, grants, or auditing contracts and grants
5 years, Required - Experience with federal and state Grant Management.
5 years, Required - Experience with grant program implementation
5 years, Required - Experience leading a team on contract, grant, research, policy or data analysis projects.
5 years, Required - Experience with federal grant audits.
5 years, Required - Knowledge of security policies and procedures for technical contracts, grants, or auditing contracts and grants
5 years, Preferred - Experience with broadband, telecommunication, or other related technologies
2 years, Preferred - Experience with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
2 years, Preferred - Experience in contributing to or writing proposals, grants, or contracts
2 years, Preferred - Experience with state or federal budgeting
2 years, Preferred - Experience utilizing Salesforce in the performance of job duties
2 years, Preferred - Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM)
III. TERMS OF SERVICE
Services are expected to start 12/01/2023 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1500 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
IV. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
V. OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Work Hours: Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time. Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor. The applicant may need to report to the office with little notice, as business necessitates.
Onsite Requirement: The Candidate will be onsite at least two days a week. Telework schedule for remaining three days a week must be pre-approved by Direct Supervisor.
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to:
• Participate and/or lead in coordination, planning, and scheduling of grant
management with CPA staff.
• Create grant management written standards and procedures as well as work
• Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely,
and appropriate reporting.
• Work independently in a diverse team environment with on-site and remote
• Ability to Multi-task and work with an attention to detail.
• Identify problems and propose innovative solutions.
• Communicate complex concepts clearly, accurately, and effectively both
verbally and in writing.
• Strong skill set in grant implementation, management, monitoring, and audit.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong research and problem-solving skills.
• Strong skills in budget planning and justification.
• Strong skills in legislative interpretation.
CEO / Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected
Howdy! Proudly serving Texans for 10 years!