ITSAC Level Description: Data Analyst/Report Writer
Agency: Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
Location: 101 E. 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78701.
Telework Policy: Position may require team members to come into the office for scheduled meetings, and there may be unscheduled request with seventy-two (72) hour notice for any TWC business need.
Solicitation Number: 4398223DARW23
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) requires the services of three (3) Data Analyst/Report Writers, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meet the general qualifications of ITSAC Data Analyst/Report Writer, Level 2 or Level 3 and the specifications outlined in this document for TWC.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of TWC. TWC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. TWC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
TWC is developing a data warehouse solution and requires a Data Analyst/Report Writer with proven data warehouse experience to:
- Gather, analyze and document requirements for the organization’s data visualization needs using the data warehouse.
- Perform detailed data analysis from a variety of source systems.
- Develop reports, dashboards and interactive visualizations for the data warehouse project using different components of Tableau software including Tableau desktop, and Tableau server.
- Work with the Data Architect, Systems Analyst and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand the data and align this with the data visualization requirements.
- Perform other analysis and documentation tasks as required to facilitate and support TWC’s Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Mentor and train junior Tableau and data visualization developers.
- 7 years - Required - Analyzing data from a variety of source systems and different database technologies using SQL
- 7 years - Required - Designing, developing and validating reports, data visualization and dashboards using Tableau: building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server, creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau,
- developing Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending and publishing reports using Tableau public
- 6 years - Required - Gathering, analyzing and generating data visualization requirements for a data warehouse
- 5 years - Required - Experience working on a data warehouse (both relational and dimensional) team
- 5 years - Required - Experience translating requirements into data visualization needs
- 5 years - Required - Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- 3 years - Required - Mentoring and training junior Tableau developers
- 3 years - Preferred - Experience in Public Sector delivery
- Services are expected to start as soon as possible and are expected to be completed by August 31, 2024, or when total hours estimated on work order have been depleted, whichever occurs first.
- Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through TWC.
- Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
- Candidate must be residing in Texas or willing to relocate to Texas by their start date.
- Ideal candidates must have a secure, dedicated workspace with Internet service, ability to maintain a reliable consistent work schedule, and be available for weekly meetings and group collaboration via Microsoft Teams and other applications during regular business hours.
- Position may require team members to come into the office for scheduled meetings, and there may be unscheduled request with seventy-two (72) hour notice for any TWC business need.
- The primary work location(s) will be at 101 E. 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78701.
- Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Worker’s and/or Vendor’s expense.
- The Worker(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings, and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over forty (40) hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through TWC.
CEO / Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected
Howdy! Proudly serving Texans for 10 years!