Title: Data Analyst/Reporter Specialist
Agency: Texas Department of Public Safety
Location: 5808 North Lamar, Austin, Texas
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Department of Public Safety and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Department of Public Safety will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
Must performs complex (journey-level) data analysis and data research work. Work involves analyzing complex systems and design/develop reports utilizing SQL in SSRS or SSIS. This requires the ability to access data stored in a variety of database management systems (such as DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle) which satisfy customer business requirements. Work under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Communicate with internal and external customers to analyze and identify all relevant details of highly complex administrative systems that involve interchange of large volumes of data (frequently stored in disparate or geographically dispersed databases).
Responsible for all aspects of the reporting solution, including new report generation, report optimization, customization of existing reports, and standardization of reports.
Develop appropriate documentation and ensure established standards and best practices are applied at all stages of the development.
- 4 years, Required - Writing SQL reports that access data stored in databases such as SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle.
- 2 years, Required - Developing procedures and views on SQL Server and Oracle databases
- 2 years, Required - Using dynamic grouping fields, dynamic group sorting, on-demand sub reports, drill down and summary reports, and creating crosstab reports highlighting key summary information.
- 1 years, Required - Manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods.
- 1 years, Required - Manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods. Developing front-end reporting solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; with considerable knowledge of Excel pivot tables, formulas, formatting, and VLOOKUPS.
- 1 years, Required - Knowledge with SQL, Python, or similar language.
- 4 years, Preferred - Graduated from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Statistics, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Sciences Technology (IST), Information Technology, or a related field is preferred.
Services are expected to start 02/01/2023 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2023. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1044 hours.
This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 5805 North Lamar Blvd., Austin TX 78752.