Title: SAAS Project Manager
Agency: Texas Veterans Commission
Location: 7700 Chevy Chase Drive, BLDG 1, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78752
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Performs complex (journey-level) project management work. Work involves coordinating the planning and initiation of software as a solution (SAAS) integration projects
at various levels of completion; monitoring the progress and schedule of projects; and communicating with project stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Knowledge of project management theories and practices applicable to SAAS projects
that are complex in scope; of systems and procedures used to evaluate a third-party vendor’s performance; and of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of the project undertaken.
Experience in project management in relevant areas of project assignment (planning, selecting, integrating, and evaluating SAAS products
to enable grant management).
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, information technology, or information management.
Manages, develops, oversees, and evaluates a capital project for the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance (FVA) Department using accepted project management methodologies.
Initiates, obtains authorization and commitment, and demonstrates business need and project feasibility for upgrading or replacing FVA’s existing electronic grant management system (EGMS).
Develops project budgets, schedules, work plans, resources requirements, and cost estimates and projections.
Develops and presents scope of work for EGMS SAAS
requirement, including process workflows, systems requirements, critical and supporting business processes, records retention, and reporting.
Monitors and manages project quality and cost to ensure that project deliverables are acceptable, fulfill the terms of the project specifications, and are completed within budget.
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Communicates project methodology and processes to interested groups and team members.
- Compiles and distributes project information, project status reports, and project budget expenditures.
- Coordinates project activities with other state agencies, governmental jurisdictions, or private sector partners and contractors.
- Assists with developing criteria for evaluating programs, proposals, and other pertinent information related to project assignments.
- 3 years, Required - Project Management
- 3 years, Required - Management of SAAS Projects
- 1 years, Required - Knowledge of Lean/Agile Assessments
- 3 years, Preferred - PMP