Title: .Net Full Stack Enterprise Architect, Austin, Texas
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
The Candidate will perform highly advanced design and development work as part of the Administrative Application’s project team(s) with direction and guidance from Project Manager and Applications Services Management. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with Product Owners, Scrum-masters, and internal/external stakeholders to provide the overall technology guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the .Net and web/micro service-based web applications.
The Candidate will direct the front-end and back-end design of new applications from conception to completion and work with the cross-functional team members involved with the development project. The Candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, hands-on technical experience with .NET framework, React.JS, Node JS development and proven success architecting, developing, and implementing full stack web applications for a large organization. The goal of the Candidate will be to drive, assist and implement web application updates in a Windows/Linux environment.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
Must be able to:
- Work with the cross-functional business team to understand business problem and draw best solution.
- Analyze and research architecture patterns and implement software modifications keeping CPA’s architecture vision and strategy in mind
- Analyze requirements and specifications, develops, architects/designs, and coordinates the implementation of .Net applications and REST services with SQL Server back end.
- As part of the application development team, take the lead to solve technical challenges with industry best practices.
- Address and resolve complex technical issues with internal/external customers, builds good communication protocols and updates management team with the weekly/monthly status.
- Lead, design and implement continuous integration and continuous deployment CI-CD strategy
- Perform extensive code reviews and analysis.
- Write reports on code analysis to determine if industry standards and best practices are being followed; provide analysis to address found shortcomings.
- Provide guidance and knowledge sharing to new/existing development staff.
- design and use different architecture patterns including event driven model, messaging queue etc
- present multiple architecture solution recommendations to meet the business needs
- work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to define strategies and implementation approaches.
- perform full-stack development using React.JS
- code and develop application features/capabilities
- troubleshoot and resolve systematic issues/problems
- write web frontends that meet WCAG 2.0 Standards and 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility requirements
- work with relational databases including SQL Server.
- write T-SQL scripts that store and query relational data including joining and grouping.
- perform in-depth code reviews and analysis
- write unit tests using Jest or Enzyme
- write automated tests using Selenium
- write Webpack configuration files
- work with DevOps pipeline using Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, MSBuild
- develop processes and procedures for Application Services.
- 7 years, Required - Experience with analyzing and researching Microsoft based architecture patterns
- 7 years, Required - Experience with designing and architecting robust solutions with event driven development
- 7 years, Required - Experience with full-stack .NET based web application development
- 7 years, Required - Experience with ASP.NET and C# programming language
- 5 years, Required - Experience with React.JS
- 5 years, Required - Experience with Redux
- 5 years, Required - Experience with NodeJS
- 5 years, Required - Experience with SQL Server and using extensive SQLs
- 5 years, Required - Experience with writing RESTful interfaces
- 5 years, Required - Experience with highly complex application security requirements
- 5 years, Required - Experience with code reviews and in-depth code analysis
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Webpack or similar related tool
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Docker containers
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Git, Bitbucket
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Selenium or related tool
- 3 years, Required - Experience with .NET Core
- 3 years, Required - Experience with WCAG 2.0 Standards, 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
- 3 years, Required - Experience completing system documentation
- 3 years, Required - Experience with designing/building Micro-services
- 3 years, Required - Experience with developing .NET applications with Linux
- 2 years, Required - Experience with Jest or Enzyme 3.0+ or similar tool
- 2 years, Required - Experience with Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban
- 5 years, Preferred - Experience working with enterprise software solutions
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience with SSIS packages
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience with writing SSRS reports
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience with knowledge transfer to junior level web developers
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ or similar messaging queue tool
- 2 years, Preferred - Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience with Confluence and JIRA
- 1 years, Preferred - Experience with MuleSoft API development
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
Work Hours: Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Onsite Requirement: Candidate will be working remotely since most contractors are teleworking. Onsite work will be very limited and must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Support Requirement: Candidate may be required to provide support to an on-call programmer.