Working Title: Lead .NET Full Stack Software Engineer
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Solicitation Reference Number: 304134208
Location: 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711.
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts requires the services of 3 Software Engineer 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Software Engineer 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Candidate will perform highly advanced front-end and back-end development work as part of a project team with direction and guidance from Project Manager and Applications Services Management. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with Product Owners and internal/external stakeholders to create and maintain the Microsoft technology-based web applications. The Candidate will design and direct the front-end plus back-end implementation of the new applications from concept to completion; working with the cross-functional team members involved with the development project. The Candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, hands-on technical experience with .NET framework, React.JS, Node JS development and proven success designing, developing, and implementing front-end and back-end web applications for a large organization in Microsoft/Linux environment. The primary goal of the Candidate will be to drive, assist and implement web application developments and updates.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
- Designs, develops, and implements web applications based on .NET technologies with REACT JS, Node JS, REST based web services and SQL server backend.
- As part of the application development team, takes lead to solve technical challenges with industry best practices.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical issues with internal/external customers, builds good communication protocols and updates management team with the weekly/monthly status.
- Performs extensive code reviews and analysis.
- Writes reports on code analysis to determine if industry standards and best practices are being followed; provide analysis to address found shortcomings.
- Provides guidance and knowledge sharing to new/existing development staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8 years, Required - Experience with .NET based web application development
- 8 years, Required - Experience with ASP.NET and C# programming language
- 5 years, Required - Experience with container-oriented architecture using Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- 5 years, Required - Experience with React JS
- 5 years, Required - Experience with NodeJS
- 5 years, Required - Experience with SQL Server and using extensive SQLs
- 5 years, Required - Experience with writing RESTful interfaces
- 5 years, Required - Experience with highly complex application security requirements
- 5 years, Required - Experience with code reviews and in-depth code analysis
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Webpack or similar related tool
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jenkin and MS build
- 4 years, Required - Experience with WCAG 2.0 Standards, 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
- 4 years, Required - Experience completing system documentation
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Micro-services
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Jest or Enzyme 3.0+ or similar tool
- 4 years, Required - Experience with Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban
- 3 years, Required - Experience with .NET Core
- 3 years, Required - Experience with Redux
- 2 years, Required - Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, TEAMS, Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
- 8 years, Preferred - Experience working with enterprise software solutions
- 7 years, Preferred - Experience with Selenium or related tool
- 5 years, Preferred - Experience with SSIS packages
- 5 years, Preferred - Experience with writing SSRS reports
- 5 years, Preferred - Experience with knowledge transfer to junior level web developers
- 4 years, Preferred - Experience with Kafka, Rabbit MQ or similar messaging technology tool
- 4 years, Preferred - Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
- 4 years, Preferred - Experience with Confluence and JIRA
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience with MuleSoft API development
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience with developing .NET applications with Linux
Services are expected to start 10/25/2021 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2022. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1760 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Work Hours: Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Onsite Requirement: Candidate will be working remotely since most contractors are teleworking. Onsite work will be very limited and must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Support Requirement: Candidate may be required to provide support to an on-call programmer.