Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Solicitation Reference Number: 304133949
Location: 111 E. 17th Street, Austin, Texas 78711
Close Date: July 5, 2021
Visa Status: US Citizen, EAD, Green Card. No H1B
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts requires the services of 2 Software Engineer 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Software Engineer 2, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
The Candidate will perform highly advanced design and development work as part of a project team with direction and guidance from Project Manager and Applications Services Management. The Worker must have strong hands-on technical experience with Java and Spring Boot. The primary goal of the worker will be to assist with the implementation, optimization and maintenance of back-end API/Micro Services using Java and Spring Boot.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
· Working in large complex environments implementing, reviewing and optimizing API end-points written in Spring Boot and Java.
· Providing technical review of existing API end-points to verify if best practices are being followed.
· Providing guidance and knowledge sharing to existing development staff.
7 Years Required: Experience with full-stack web application development
5 Years Required: Experience with Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC
5 Years Required: Experience with Java development
5 Years Required: Experience with highly complex application security requirements
4 Years Required: Experience implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON) using Spring Boot for Microservices and Red Hat OpenShift
4 Years Required: Experience with relational database design and modeling with SQL Server and Oracle
4 Years Required: Experience with Git, Bitbucket
3 Years Required: Experience completing system documentation
2 Years Required: Experience with Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban
2 Years Required: Experience with Enzyme 3.0+
4 Years Preferred: Experience working with enterprise software solutions
4 Years Preferred: Experience with knowledge transfer to team members
2 Years Preferred: Experience with applications deployed on Kubernetes or OpenShift
2 Years Preferred: Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
2 Years Preferred: Experience with Confluence
2 Years Preferred: Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
1 Year Preferred: Experience with MuleSoft implementation
Must be able to:
· work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to define strategies and implementation approaches.
· debug and optimize existing API end-points written in Sprint Boot and Java.
· implement new API end-points written in Spring Boot and Java.
· create relational database designs and models using SQL Server and Oracle.
· administer and support middleware applications used by Application Services.
· work independently in a team environment with local and remote teams
· knowledge of API Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON) using Spring Boot for Microservices and Red Hat OpenShift
· strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· knowledge of software development methodologies Agile and Scrum
· problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
Must perform other related work as assigned.