Title: Quality Assurance Software Test Analyst
Agency: Texas Education Agency
Location: William B. Travis State Building, 1701 North Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas 78701
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Education Agency and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Education Agency will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Software Quality Assurance Tester performs advanced analysis and application testing work involving the daily operations and activities of testing teams within the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) section of IT-SEDS (Information Technology – Statewide Education Data System).
This position will work with the Texas Student Data System (TSDS) Testing team to provide the following Software Testing Services:
- Analyze user requirements, design documents and other documentation to develop test plan and detailed test cases.
- Create and execute automated functional and regression test cases, report and document all issues, test cases ran, test results, and testing summaries in detail
- Perform automation/manual testing and data validation
- Perform advanced SQL queries to analyze and manipulate data
- Work with development team and customers to clearly understand the functionality under test to help determine test cases and clearly communicate issues found
- Review user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate applications or to improve existing systems.
- Collaborate with the project team for sprint/release work on tasks such as providing testing effort estimates, resolving defects or issues and providing status on work assignments or issues.
The Texas Student Data System (TSDS) modernizes and improves the quality of data collection, management, and reporting in Texas education.
- 7 years, Required - Testing complex Web Applications
- 7 years, Required - Testing all phases of Software Development LIfe Cycle
- 3 years, Required - Database/SQL Language
- 2 years, Required - XML, JSON, API Testing
- 2 years, Required - Test automation experience using open source technologies and/or in-house frameworks
- 2 years, Required - Experience with test frameworks like Junit, TestNG
- 2 years, Preferred - WAPT Pro or other performance testing tools
- 1 years, Preferred - Previous experience with Jira preferred
- 1 years, Preferred - Previous experience with Zypher Scale preferred
- 1 years, Preferred - Previous experience with Texas Student Data System (TSDS) preferred
Services are expected to start 12/15/2023 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1048 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Education Agency. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 100% Remote, Work Location With-in the United States. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Education Agency will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Education Agency.