Working Title: Salesforce Enterprise Architect
Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Remote Policy: Hybrid
Location: 701 W 51st Street, Austin, TX 78751
Solicitation Reference Number: 529400654R
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Enterprise Architect 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Enterprise Architect 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
Responsible for translating the client's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs with interlocked financial modeling for very large complex technical solutions. Analyzes customer service requirements and designs service solutions to meet those objectives. Primary expert to construct the specific solution, scope document, risk profile, and corresponding financials. Maintains and utilizes detailed industry and internal services knowledge in the construction of industry-leading services solutions, including expert working level knowledge of the processes, technologies, and people components involved in the services arena. Uses expertise to construct specific and detailed solutions that encompass process, technology, and staffing plans for customer sales opportunities. Constructs risk assessments and corresponding remediation plans relative to complex services proposals. Participates in the construction of detailed financial models that align with complex services proposals. Composes Statement of Work or other documents, using departmental automation tools as available, to craft detailed and accurate deliverables that specify processes, technology, staffing, and project management involved in proposed services solutions. As needed, provide a "trusted expert advisor" role as a Subject Matter Expert for technical services, to both internal and external customers, ranging from formal advice to internal and external customer presentations. Follow all organizational Standard Operating Procedures relative to cost modeling, approvals and reviews, and all other associated workflow and deliverables.
The Enterprise Architect role oversees the technical roadmap for the HHSC Salesforce org. This position will work with other Salesforce Architects within the team to ensure that solutions are aligned with Salesforce best practices, adopt a low-code approach where appropriate, and leverage 3rd party solutions appropriately. A thorough understanding of design principles, principles of software architecture as well the Salesforce platform is a must. The position will work on a number of deliverables and projects. The primary deliverables will be to provide architecture/design documentation where the design aligns with non-functional requirements, Salesforce best practices, HHSC security principles, DIR, and minimize custom development. In addition, this position will be assigned development, administrative, or other hands-on deliverables and provide results at a level of quality that meets or exceeds other individuals within the team. A successful individual will have deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform, will be able to provide development deliverables where required as well as be available 24/7 for on-call support of the HHSC Salesforce applications. This position will require the ability to work extended hours as needed, vacations will be limited based on the needs of the agency, and the ability to come into the office as needed for in-person meetings with 1-2 days' notice.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 701 W 51st Street, Austin, TX 78751. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- 8 years, Required - Experience with Enterprise and Software engineering using a recognized approach such as SEI or TOGAF.
- 8 years, Required - Experience creating required architecture views, documenting non-functional requirements, implementation oversight, and participating in design reviews.
- 8 years, Required - Experience as an Enterprise or Software Architect for systems implemented in Salesforce.
- 8 years, Required - Experience integrating data, applications, services and technologies into a Salesforce solution including MuleSoft. Including integrating non-SF applications (integration of REST APIs), data migration and dataset initiation.
- 8 years, Required - Experience as an Enterprise or Software Architect for systems implemented in Salesforce delivering low-code solutions that minimize customized code while delivering functionality in line with Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- 8 years, Required - Experience is overseeing and providing guidance in troubleshooting and solving complex problems related to system software and hardware incident and problem calls and recommending technology solutions.
- 8 years, Required - Experience managing, maintaining, and overseeing the support of Salesforce Orgs and its environments. Implement and improve security policies and practices.
- 4 years, Required - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. Education and experience may substitute for each other on a year for year basis.
- 8 years, Preferred - Experience in Salesforce implementation and development and in writing Apex programming, Visual force pages, Apex triggers, Aura Components, lightning web components.
- 8 years, Preferred - Knowledge in implementing solutions using configurations (no-code) such as Flows, process builders, and workflow Rules, etc.
- 2 years, Preferred - Agile Software Development Methodologies Experience