Working Title: IT Procurement Specialist
Solicitation Reference Number: 304136734
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Location: 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711.
Category: Information Technology Contracting and Procurement
The Candidate will be part of the CPA Contract Administration and Procurement (CAP) team, performs advanced (senior-level) purchasing and procurement work. Work involves planning, coordinating, and preparing specifications for purchasing commodities and services; preparing procurement documents; and monitoring the maintenance of detailed records of items purchased, received, prepared, and issued.
Candidate will perform these tasks:
Must be able to:
- Coordinate the preparation, review, tracking, and processing of purchase orders.
- Provide consultation to business users and technical resources for major information technology solicitations.
- Coordinates and facilitates procurement-related meetings such as kick-off and pre-proposal meetings, post-award conferences, team briefings, and evaluation scorings.
- Develops solicitations, contracts, and amendments by identifying provider resources, describing services to be rendered, evaluating information supplied by bidders, and negotiating contract specifications.
- Review the preparation and distribution of bid invitations to vendors.
- Facilitate meetings and perform problem resolution.
- Maintain effective working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Review or prepare the delivery of statutorily required reports.
- Monitor the requisitions and orders of merchandise, supplies, and equipment by using, interpreting, and monitoring established guidelines, rules, policies, and laws.
- Monitor legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to purchasing and procurement.
- Work independently in a diverse team environment with on-site and remote teams.
- Lead or attend meetings with business users to coordinate activities.
- Lead evaluations for major solicitations.
- Multi-task with a willingness to put in extra efforts when necessary.
- Identify problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Communicate complex concepts clearly, accurately, and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Participate and/or lead in project management, coordination, planning, and scheduling with CPA staff.
- Follow written standards and procedures as well as work independently.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- 08 yrs, Required - Knowledge of purchasing and procurement methods and procedures
- 05 yrs, Required - Knowledge of Texas state procurement laws and statutes
- 05 yrs, Required - Knowledge of Department of Information Resources (DIR) and other supply sources
- 05 yrs, Required - Experience in collaborating and communicating effectively across multiple subject matter groups
- 05 yrs, Required - Experience in leading major information technology solicitation meetings and evaluations
- 05 yrs, Required - Experience in contract negotiation strategies and techniques
- 05 yrs, Required - Knowledge of Microsoft Word
- 05 yrs, Required - Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 03 yrs, Required - Knowledge of security policy, procedures, and requirements
- 01 yrs, Required - Certified Contract Texas Developer (CTCD)
- 02 yrs, Preferred - Knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- 02 yrs, Preferred - Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- 02 yrs, Preferred - Knowledge of Centralized Accounting Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) Purchasing Module
Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time. Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor. On occasion, the candidate may need to be available for user acceptance testing for weekend uploads of data migration into the production environment.
The Candidate will be onsite at least three days a week. Telework schedule for remaining two days a week must be pre-approved by Direct Supervisor.
CEO / Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected
Howdy! Proudly serving Texans for 10 years!