Title: Project Manager
Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Location: 701 W. 51st Street, Bldg. C, Austin, Texas 78751
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Project Manager 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Project Manager 3, Project Management and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
HHSC is looking for a Project Manager to oversee a new project, Legislative Tracking System (LTS) replacement using the Power Platform tools. The project/solution would result with a system that is scalable, stable, user friendly system for tracking legislation, cost estimates and implementation of legislation. Implements standard project management industry practices. Understands the PMI framework as well as how to establish a project organization and methodology. Must be familiar with Project Delivery Framework and QAT reporting requirements for major Texas Information Resource projects. The successful candidate understands business and technical objectives of modernization project and works closely with multiple key project stakeholders and Vendors. The worker will be expected to manage communicates to clients and IT teams and must develop strong relationships with key decision-makers. Creates project charters, work plans, project tracking documents, and other related project artifacts as necessary. Be able to comprehend and communicate complex technical designs and implementations as well as complex business processes. Develops and makes presentations as required to leadership and oversight entities (e.g., steering committees, QAT, etc.) Serves in an analyst capacity as required. Some on-call support may be required depending on project phase.
The Worker will need to perform the following tasks and assignments:
- Acting as a liaison between stakeholders and project team
- Overseeing design and development work
- Ensuring project meets the standard HHSC guidelines and procedures and developing project artifacts in accordance with Texas Project Delivery Framework
- Completing documentation required for the Quality Assurance Review for Texas Technology projects
- Managing the project, overseeing, and tracking development progress, and ensuring project assignments and progresses align with project timelines
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining progress of project plans
- Documenting risks, issues, and contingency plans; ensuring resolution of issues and removal of project barriers
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Committee, including escalating any risks and issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner
- Providing weekly status updates (written and verbal) and conducting regular project team status meetings
- Overseeing the development of SDLC artifacts, ensure business requirements get translated into technical specifications, guide, and facilitate the SDLC process
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Possessing strong communication and presentation skills
- Possessing strong teamwork skills
- Transferring working knowledge to current staff
- Must possess communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization
- Must have experience in managing and coordinating business and technical teams
- Must possess strong presentation skills
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must possess knowledge of project management body of knowledge (PMBOL) and software development lifecycle methodologies
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of partners and stakeholders to ensure understanding of project goals and progress.
- Must be able to retain knowledge of environment and systems once given instruction
- Must be able to work around projects and deadlines with readiness to put in extra effort when necessary
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- 10 years,Required- Project Management Experience for large-scale Enterprise Implementations
- 8 years,Required- State of Texas or Similar Federal/State Project Management Experience
- 8 years,Required- Project Management /Systems Analyst Experience leading and managing legacy modernization projects
- 5 years,Preferred- State of Texas Project Delivery Framework Experience
- 3 years,Preferred- Experience with Texas Statewide systems
- 1 years,Preferred-Experience with low code/no code solution
- 1 years,Preferred-Knowledge of State of Texas QAT process for major Information Resources project (MIRP)