Title: IT Procurement Contracting Project Manager
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Location: 1701 North Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas 78701
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
The Candidate will work with the CPA Contract Administration and Procurement (CAP) team. Some of the assigned tasks will involve coordinating the planning and initiation of procurement and contract related projects at various levels of completion. The Candidate will also monitoring the progress and schedule of projects with clear communication to project stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties/teams.
The Candidate will perform the following tasks as a Project Manager:
- Manage, develop, oversee, and evaluate assigned projects using accepted project management methodologies.
- Develop acquisition plans, schedules, work plans, resources requirements, and cost estimates and projections.
- Identify problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Develop and communicate project methodology and processes to groups and team members.
- Participate in project management, coordination, planning, and scheduling with CPA staff.
- Facilitate requirements development and creation of key project statements of work and related deliverables.
- Assist with developing evaluation criteria, proposals, and other pertinent information related to assignments
- Prepare mockups, charts, diagrams, and tables that depict the present and/or proposed requirements.
- Identify potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Review, coordinate and gather current and historical legacy data for executive briefings.
- 7 years, Required - Experience and hands on knowledge of project management concepts, practices, and procedures related to procurement/contract systems of large organizations
- 7 years, Required - Successful experience as a Project Manager leading large procurements and implementations of key IT projects
- 7 years, Required - Experience with creating reports and dashboards
- 7 years, Required - Experience with creating and documenting requirements using Agile and/or other SDLC development methodologies.
- 7 years, Required - Experience in developing a cost saving budget and operating plans
- 7 years, Required - Experience with unit and system testing, and documenting results.
- 7 years, Required - Knowledge of facilitation techniques and experience using them in work groups
- 7 years, Required - Experience in project management with IT related projects.
- 7 years, Required - Experience in providing consultation to business users and technical resources.
- 7 years, Required - Experience in collaborating and communicating effectively across multiple subject matter groups.
- 7 years, Required - Experience with highly complex application security requirements and determining security requirements
- 7 years, Required - Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including TEAMS, Outlook, Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
- 7 years, Required - Experience with Salesforce software
- 7 years, Required - CAPPS Financials Experience
- 7 years, Required - Knowledge of Microsoft Visio or other workflow software.
- 7 years, Required - Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- 7 years, Required - Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- 7 years, Required - Knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology with knowledge and experience applying Agile practices and principles including Scrum and/or Kanban
- 7 years, Required - Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
- 7 years, Required - Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) Certification