Title: Data Architect
Agency: Health and Human Services Commission
Location: Winter Building - 701 West 51st Street,Austin, TX – 78751
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
ITSAC Technology Type: Emerging
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Enterprise Architect 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Enterprise Architect 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Data Architect position will report to the Data Analytics Support Director with high -level responsibilities that may include the following:
- Provide oversight and validation of technical recommendations, including but not limited to data architecture designs, data acquisition strategies, proposed solutions, data models and deliverables from vendors as part of the planning, design, and implementation phases of all Data Analytics Support Team initiatives.
- Ensure solution designs are in compliance with state and Federal architecture and security requirements and standards.
- Work closely with HHS sprint team(s) responsible for the development and implementation of a data analytics solution providing guidance on data design and acquisition strategies; and with implementation vendors contracted for Data Analytics Support Team managed projects.
- Provide technical expertise for all activities related to HHS data and its use or proposed use in the HHS performance management and data analytics strategy. This includes:
- Developing creative strategies on how best to utilize existing data assets to meet the HHS data analytics and performance management need
- Providing insight into changing database storage and utilization requirements and offering suggestions for solutions
- Analyzing database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with HHS policies and any external regulations that may apply
- Assessing modern technologies and designs to develop transition plans for data analytics systems
- Work closely with key stakeholders across HHS to ensure solution designs meet key business needs
- Provide vision for new and existing data analytics systems in support of the HHS business objectives and requirements
- Participate in strategic planning for HHS IT Data Analytics, providing guidance and support for strategic initiatives; and assist with the alignment of data analytics and reporting goals and objectives to HHS IT Applications and HHS System goals and objectives
- Participate in procurement exercises as necessary to acquire vendor services for assessment or to outsource the implementation effort to a long term vendor