Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Location: 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
ITSAC Technology Type: Emerging
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts requires the services of 2 Software Engineer 1, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Software Engineer 1, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Candidate will perform highly advanced front-end development work as part of the Administrative Applications’ project team(s) with direction and guidance from Project Manager and Applications Services Management. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with technical leads, architects, product owners, and the DevOps team members to create and maintain the Microsoft technology-based web applications. The Candidate will work on the front-end design of new applications from conception to completion with the cross-functional team members involved with the development project. The Candidate must have strong analytical problem-solving skills and hands-on technical experience with .NET framework, React.JS, Node JS development. The Candidate must have successfully worked with a team in designing, developing, and implementing front-end web applications for a large organization in Microsoft/Linux environment.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and under the guidance of the Technical Lead and Architect will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
design, develop, and implement front-end of the web applications based on .NET technologies with REACT JS, Node JS, web services and SQL server backend.
Create wireframes, UI navigation flow to depict user actions and flow through the system
Create a prototype in Figma using sound User experience (UX) industry principles
Create front-end designs using UX design patterns like breadcrums, lazy registration etc.. to create repeatable solutions to recurring design problems
analyze technical issues with internal/external customers.
participate and perform code reviews and analysis
write programming as per the coding standards set forth by the technical leads.
- 3 years - Required, Experience with UX design principles, patterns and creating wireframes, prototypes
- 3 years - Required, Experience with .NET based web application development
- 3 years - Required, Experience creating UI prototypes using Figma or similar tool
- 3 years - Required, Experience with WCAG 2.0 Standards, 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
- 3 years - Required, Experience with React JS
- 2 years - Required, Experience with ASP.NET, .NET Core 3.0+ and C# programming language
- 2 years - Required, Experience with integrating with RESTful interfaces and/or microservices
- 2 years - Required, Experience with highly complex application security requirements
- 2 years - Required, Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jenkin, MSBuild