This position will serve as the vendor project coordinator for the Texas Student Data System (TSDS). Key responsibilities include the outreach, engagement, and oversight of vendor integration with the upgrade of TSDS to Ed-Fi version 3.x. This individual will develop, implement, and monitor strategic plan(s) to assist software vendors during the pilot program (2021-2022) and parallel submission year (2022-2023) to standardize processes, identify best practices, and ultimately ensure vendor product readiness.
This position works under minimal management direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The work involves highly complex computer systems analysis work and the ability to plan and organize assignments effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Oversee and monitor all vendor participation with the software pilot program. Establish milestones and tasks to ensure vendor readiness and timely validation of Local Education Agency (LEA) data submissions.
• Schedule and facilitate monthly meetings with each vendor to monitor progress and solicit feedback for the project teams.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for effective staging of vendors and LEAs for the pilot year.
• Develop a comprehensive strategic plan for the parallel submission year (2022-2023) with effective scaling for a significant increase in the number of LEAs participating that includes a streamlined solution for support and communications.
Support & Communication Resources:
• Identify, coordinate, and develop technical support resources to assist vendor and LEAs in integration, support, and testing.
• Work closely with TEA training and support teams to review and solicit feedback on instruction and support materials.
• Triage support amongst various TEA and vendor teams. Effectively route or escalate based upon analysis and research.
• Coordinate test cases and User Acceptance Testing efforts with TEA teams to ensure vendor readiness.
• Effectively understand the Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) and the Ed-Fi methodologies to support end users.
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|7||Required||System & Data Analysis|
|6||Required||Technical Support & Troubleshooting|
|4||Preferred||Data Collection & Analysis|
|2||Preferred||Development of Technical Resources|
|2||Preferred||Development of Training Resources|