Agency: Office of the Attorney General of Texas
Title: Information Security Manager
Solicitation Reference Number: 302CSD2108
Location: OAG-CSD State Office, 5500 E. Olforf St., Austin, TX 78741 (Telecommuting is currently in place until the agency resumes normal office operations)
Pay Rate: $87.00 per hour
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Office of the Attorney General of Texas requires the services of 1 Information Security Manager 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Information Security Manager 2, Security and the specifications outlined in this document for the Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Office of the Attorney General of Texas and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Office of the Attorney General of Texas will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Information Security Manager serves as a liaison between IT architects and information security teams and also coordinates with information system owners and common control providers on the allocation of security controls as system-specific, hybrid, or common controls. In addition, the Candidate, in close coordination with information security officers, advise authorizing officials, the chief information officer, senior IT and security staff, on a range of security-related issues including establishing information system boundaries, assessing the severity of weaknesses and deficiencies in the information system, plans of action and milestones, risk mitigation approaches, security alerts, and potential adverse effects of identified vulnerabilities.
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas:
· Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
· Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
· Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
· Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
· Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
· Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
· Define and prioritize essential system capabilities or business functions required for partial or full system restoration after a catastrophic failure event.
· Define appropriate levels of system availability based on critical system functions and ensure that system requirements identify appropriate disaster recovery and continuity of operations requirements to include any appropriate fail-over/alternate site requirements, backup requirements, and material supportability requirements for system recover/restoration.
· Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for the processing of multiple classification levels of data.
· Document and address organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle.
· Employ secure configuration management processes.
· Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
· Identify and prioritize critical business functions in collaboration with organizational stakeholders.
· Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
· Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
· Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
· Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
· Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
· Analyze candidate architectures, allocate security services, and select security mechanisms.
· Develop a system security context, a preliminary system security Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements.
· Evaluate security architectures and designs to determine the adequacy of security design and architecture proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents.
· Write detailed functional specifications that document the architecture development process.
· Analyze user needs and requirements to plan architecture.
· Develop enterprise architecture or system components required to meet user needs.
· Document and update as necessary all definition and architecture activities.
· Determine the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for the information system(s) and network(s) and document appropriately.
· Translate proposed capabilities into technical requirements.
· Assess and design security management functions as related to cyberspace.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
4 yrs – Required, Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in information technology security, computer information systems, computer science, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred.
5 yrs – Required, Proven work experience in security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions.
5 yrs – Preferred, Experience consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
5 yrs – Preferred, Proven expertise in security considerations of cloud computing: They include data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
5 yrs – Preferred, Identity and access management (IAM) – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
5 yrs – Preferred, Knowledge and experience working with relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
5 yrs – Preferred, Knowledge and experience working with ISO27001 – specifications for a framework of policies and procedures that include all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s risk management.
5 yrs – Preferred, Experience delivering/managing Identity and access management (IAM) solutions – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organization to sensitive technology resources.
5 yrs – Preferred, Experience working with security management tools (e.g., vulnerability scanners, file integrity monitoring, configuration monitoring, etc.) and perimeter technologies (e.g., router, firewalls, web proxies and intrusion prevention, etc.).
5 yrs – Preferred, Knowledge of configuration management, change control/problem management integration, risk assessment and acceptance, exception management and security baselines (e.g. CIS Baselines, NIST, vendor security technical implementation guides, etc.).
5 yrs – Preferred, Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
5 yrs – Preferred, Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
5 yrs – Preferred, Ability to resolve complex security issues in diverse and decentralized environments; to learn, communicate, and teach new information and security technologies; and to communicate effectively.
5 yrs – Preferred, Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace .
5 yrs – Preferred, Extensive skill in effective verbal and written communications with other computer professionals, clients, and stakeholders.
5 yrs – Preferred, Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies. Ability to analyze and problem solve.
5 yrs – Preferred, Ability to establish and always maintain effective and professional working relationships with others in the course and scope of conducting business.
5 yrs – Preferred, CISSP-ISAAP or equivalent certification.
5 yrs – Preferred, Ability to obtain required certification within 6 months and maintain approved baseline certification for position (i.e. CISSP-ISAAP or equivalent).