Customer Name: Texas Department of Insurance
Solicitation Number: TDI26020
Working Title: Level: Software Developer 2
Term: 11/1/2020 – 8/31/2021, estimated hours: 1664 hours
Closing date for resume: October 26 by 10:00am
4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a software development using java. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of a Software Developer 2 hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualification and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI).
TDI is soliciting a Software Developer 2 to perform work on an agency java application using Rational Application Developer. Emphasis of work performed shall be both front-end and back-end development. Programming work will include, but is not limited to, assessing user requirements/stories and translating them into code, as well creating workflow, reporting and dashboarding within an existing application. Additionally, database views may be created for use in Tableau or Microsoft Power BI to assist with comprehensive agency business intelligence needs. Contract staff will also be responsible for writing technical and user documentation. This work will extend to at least one application, TXCOMP, but may also include other applications as determined by project scope. Any and all applications shall be limited to workflows, business processes, and other functionality originating from the Division of Workers’ Compensation. The contract staff shall work on an agile scrum team, participating in regular meetings, work sessions, and interactions with the business owners.
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Requirements: Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will not be considered for this opportunity and the resume will not be submitted to the customer.
- 4 yrs - Required, Working with Oracle 12c databases, developing database table structure and writing custom Oracle SQL queries
- 4 yrs - Required, Eliciting requirements from end users and applying those in application development
- 4 yrs - Required, Developing applications in Java Spring to manipulate data, create dashboards and reports
- 4 yrs - Required, Developing java applications for WebSphere Application Server
- 4 yrs - Required, Coding following OWASP secure coding practices
- 4 yrs - Required, Working on an agile scrum team as a developer
- 4 yrs - Required, Writing technical documentation
- 2 yrs - Preferred - Working in with TDI applications and databases
- 2 yrs - Preferred - Using SortSite or similar tool to observe ADAA compliance
- 2 yrs - Preferred - Writing user documentation
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected