Director of Revenue Cycle
is responsible for the success and direction of all activity for the Revenue Cycle. Reports to Associate Dean of Finance and oversee the processes and provides guidance, direction and support to encompass billing, collection, cash, and accounts receivable aspects of the Revenue Cycle.
- Strategic guidance and analysis of the Revenue Cycle service line.
- Executive liaison to the Senior Leadership Team to develop the strategic direction for all revenue cycle initiatives.
- Monitor A/R to include oversight of days in A/R, gross billings, gross collections, net revenue, percent of collections to net revenue, monitoring and management of denial rates and denial categories related to activity.
- Insurance and fee for service contract evaluation and review responsibility.
- Enhance to Revenue Cycle efforts; works on process improvements across multiple functions including registration, verification of benefits, self-pay, prior authorizations, insurance/ benefit verification/follow up/ denials, compliance, charge capture, timeliness and accuracy of coding and documentation, payer correspondence and cash posting.
- Direction and leadership to Patient Accounting Department to optimize the patient account flow and reimbursement; develop and implement policies, procedures and objectives for departments overseen; review department performance, effects, and changes as needed to improve services; and timely update Charge Master with appropriate billing changes.
- Develops revenue cycle budgets, financial plans, annual plan, goals, and objectives to support the enterprise financial goals and annual plan commitments.
- Leads efforts to improve performance, increase provider satisfaction and improve patient and family experience, as it relates to revenue cycle across the School.
- Compliance with all applicable billing regulations
Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in Patient Financial Services/Revenue Cycle Management
7 years experience with direct revenue cycle experience within a clinical setting as a revenue cycle leader