GIS Architect - TxDOT - Austin, TX
Agency: Texas Department of Transporations, TxDOT
Address: ITD @ Camp Hubbard 3712 Jackson Ave, Austin, TX 78731
Title: Enterprise Architect II, Emerging
Resume due by: January 3, 2020
Visa Status: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, EAD.
State of Texas and Pedigo Staffing will not sponsor H1-B visa.
The IT Division of TxDOT is seeking an experienced Geoinformatics Systems Specialist to assist with implementation of several IT projects and operations in relation to the field of Geoinformatics. The worker will assist in managing, planning, and executing efforts related to maintenance and
enhancement of the TxDOT Real‐Time Kinematic Network. Individual should have a strong background in necessary work associated with architecture of a geoinformatic reporting network and the knowledge of the necessary algorithms and considerations involved in analysis and
verification of data associated with reference points in a real‐time network. Ideal candidate will have significant expertise and demonstrated experience in like projects, particularly with the technology risks, challenges, and solution sets that often accompany changes to NGS standards.
Experience in non‐transportation system environments is also acceptable. Individual will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on systems which support the accurate and autonomous usage of a real‐time geoinformatics systems for end‐users in the field. The Worker will also be responsible
for creating and maintaining work artifacts and records. The Worker must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The workers responsibilities and skills must include:
- 10 years experience related to deployment and optimization of reference points within geoinformatic systems
- 8 years experience related to verification of reference points within geoinformatic systems for abnormal movement detection, incorrect coordinate updates, and adjustment of existing reference stations
- 4 years experience related to supporting, operating, and enhancing a realtime reference network consisting for nodes on the order of hundreds
- 5 years work with public sector agencies.
- 3 years previous experience with TxDOT