Position Working Title: DevOps Engineer
Agency: Health and Human Services Commission
Address: 1609 Centre Creek Drive, Suite 100. Austin, TX 78754
Solicitation Reference Number: 52911119R
Resume Submittal Due Date: April 21
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 DevOps Engineer 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of DevOps Engineer 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
As a key member of the DevSecOps team, this DevOps Engineer 3 will (a) Develop, review, modify, and enhance CI/CD principles, (b) Install, configure, and maintain CI/CD tools & platforms, (c) Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline configurations, and (d) Automate processes.
In addition, this DevOps engineer will be assigned to install, configure, build and deploy applications in support of Eligibility Supporting Technology applications. This position is central to ensuring these applications and services remain current across all development, test, training, and production environments.
This DevOps engineer will also provides environment triage support. This responsibility includes both workday and night/weekend on-call support for all development, test, training, and production environments. This service helps maintain high availability for developers, testers, trainers, and production end users.
This position works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes the technology currently being used and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion.
- Implements and enhances an advanced CI/CD solution. Develops, codes, tests, builds, installs, configures, and maintains IT solutions.
- Analyzes processes, and deployments and proposes improvements to streamline code deployments and minimize errors.
- Uses configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fixes into the various production & non-production environments.
- Documents processes and procedures.
- 8 yrs, Required - Experience in building out an end-to-end CI/CD toolstack for both on-prem deployment and AWS/AZURE deployments
- 8 yrs, Required - Experience with script laugages such as Groovy, Python, Shell, Ruby
- 8 yrs, Required - Experience with Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- 8 yrs, Required - Experience in mentoring and working with other team members in an Agile environment
- 5 yrs, Required - Experience building and deploying applications involving WebSphere Portal Server, WAS (WebSphere Application Server), SQL (Structured Query Language), Business Process Management (BPM), ODM, Datapower and MQ
- 4 yrs, Required - Experience in implementing Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab, Nexus, Artifactory, Jfrog, Xray, Cloudbees CI/CD, SonarQube, Fortify and VeraCode
- 3 yrs, Required - Experience with Containers and Container orchestration Kubernetes platforms such as Docker EE/Openshift/Rancher
- 3 yrs, Required - Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation or Terraform
- 3 yrs, Required - Experience with IBM Websphere Application Server 7/8, Tomcat, WebLogic Administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- 1 yrs, Required - Experience with installing and maintaining DevSecOps tools on Kubernetes platform using Helm Charts
- 3 yrs, Preferred - Experience developing and supporting large, mission critical applications, transaction processing applications is preferred.