Job Title: Project Coordinator for Information Technology
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Agency: State of Texas Agency
Start Date: Immediately, targeting for February 15th, Monday
Duration: 3 - 6 months, with opportunity to extend
Remote: Hybrid remote, work at client site sometimes
Type of Contracting: W-2 (no C2C)
Visa Status: Must be US Citizen, green card holder. State of Texas does not sponsor.
Function: Provide high-level administrative and programmatic support to the Senior HR Project Manager.
Scope: Provide support for a variety of administrative services in support of the Senior HR Project Manager.
Duties, Working Conditions
- Manages medium to large projects using multiple methodologies including Sprint, Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma, and/or Waterfall.
- Creates and maintains process improvement best practices including Standard Operating Procedures, mapping, documentation, analyzing, testing.
- Assist Subject Matter Experts with coordination.
- Provides direct, high level, administrative support and assistance to the HR Project including organization and oversight of special projects; management of schedule and calendar; coordination of communication from and to the offices.
- Handles, reviews and prioritizes for action on all correspondence; monitors and maintains schedules; and performs related administrative activities.
- Coordinates and monitors activity and project timelines, recommending actions to maintain timeliness of reporting and other required submissions.
- Works with the team to draft, edit and review meeting minutes, presentations, reports and other documents.
- Maintains and streamlines administrative procedures, including record maintenance and retention.
- Plans, coordinates and executes special events or projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works independently and makes decisions based on previous experience.
- May supervise student or support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field from an accredited institution OR 4 years of comparable experience.
- Preferred - Master’s degree in a field from an accredited institution.
- Four years of professional administrative experience in Project Coordination of Information Technology projects.
- Strong experience with Business Processes, Process Improvement, Business Continuity, and/or Disaster Recovery.
- Strong background in analysis, gathering requirements, documenting issues.
- Strong background in data analysis, data flow, data mapping, SQL queries.
- Personal Computer and standard office equipment.
- Microsoft Office Suite and various types of audio-visual equipment, and standard office equipment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated independent decision making, ability to work with discretion, diplomacy and judgement in dealing with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of coordinating complex projects.
- Effective judgment, tact, diplomacy, and discretion required in all matters.
- Proven track record of excellent organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Preferred – understand State of Texas IT Framework and Department of Information Resources (DIR) standards and procedures.
- Preferred – experience with Enterprise Resource Planning products, especially State of Texas CAPPS PeopleSoft.
- Preferred - Similar experience in higher education.
- Preferred - Knowledge of University administrative structure, policies and procedures.
- Preferred - Preparation and compilation of data for a variety of documents, reports, and/or presentations.