Title: Network Security Engineer/Consultant
Agency: Texas Department of Transportation
Location: REMOTE - 3712 Jackson Ave, Austin, TX 78731-6000
Hours: 8-5, Monday to Friday
Duration: On going
Visa status: US Citizen, Green Card, EAD
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one senior security analyst, hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Network Security Analyst 2 and the specifications outlined in this document for the TxDOT Security Lead. Work involves planning, implementing, and monitoring security measures using the NIST Risk Management Framework and Texas security frameworks for information systems and infrastructures. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The essential duties for this contract include
Develops and refines the TxDOT Secure System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
Coordinates the implementation of system security plans with agency personnel and outside vendors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 years - Knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as the NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), and Texas Information Security Standards
- 3 years - working in security in a Federal or State environment
- Must have a baseline certification that meets the DOD 8570 IAT Level III or above
- Preferred (Optional): insert specific preferred skills for this Contract Position)
- 3 years - working in security as an ISSO or equivalent