Agency: Texas Health and Human Services
Solicitation Reference Number: 52919076R
Position Working Title: Tableau Developer
Resume Due Date: 11/25/2020
DIR Title: Developer/Programmer Analyst 3
Work Hours Start Time: 8:00
Work Hours End Time: 5:00
Location: 8317 Cross Park Drive, Austin, Texas 78754
Notes: This position will initially work offsite, Once HHS staff are allowed to return to the office this position will also be required to report the primary work location referenced above.
Description of Job Duties:
The contractor will provide Developer Analyst support for the implementation of Tableau Dashboards for the IDD-BHS Division in the Office of Decision Support. This position will assist collect business dashboard requirements by establishing themes, epics, user stories, and features that make up the product backlog. This position will develop the complex Tableau dashboard and train the existing internal staff for future work. Dashboard mockup development and user validation. Acquires data from a variety of data sources for use by Tableau dashboards and reports. Connects Tableau data visualization objects to external data sources, including the testing and validation of the Tableau object’s ability to connect. Collaborates with other members of the Team on the design and implementation of optimal data design to support a Tableau reporting system. Testing, validation, and deployment of webpages and Tableau objects into a production environment. Experience with publishing internal and external dashboards to the organization and a demonstrated understanding of the architecture involved. Experience working with all levels of an organization, along with the ability to collaborate and present at the executive level (regarding dashboards). Project management expertise to structure work, timelines, and lead a team along with the soft skills to appropriately set stakeholder expectations. Excellent at quickly teaming with a variety of stakeholders and resources.
- 8 yrs, Required, Tableau Dashboard Development
- 4 yrs, Required, Experience acquiring data from multiple data sources for use by Tableau data visualization.
- 4 yrs, Required, Experience working with various data sources to include Relational Databases (e.g. MS SQL Server).
- 2 yrs, Required, Information Technology Project Management
- 2 yrs, Required, Tableau Server Qualified Associate or Professional Certification and degree
- 1 yrs, Required, Experience in the solution delivery utilizing Agile or Scrum methodology
- 2 yrs, Preferred, Experience as a web application developer or web page developer
- 2 yrs, Preferred, Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- 2 yrs, Preferred, Knowledge of ETL concepts
- 1 yrs, Preferred, Experience in program oversight, planning, program tracking, scope management, change control management, risk management, and quality assurance of the development project team
Services are expected to start 12/01/2020 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2021. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 950 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 8317 Cross Park Drive, Austin, Texas 78754. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.