IT/Healthcare Project Manager 2 - Texas Health & Human Services Commission - Austin, TX
HHSC IT is currently implementing a Performance Management visualization portal pilot and in the planning stage of an HHS Performance Management and Data Analytics system with a goal to accomplish the following:
- Development and publication of project management documents and deliverables in compliance with DIR Framework directives;
- Conduct an in-house assessment of HHS data analytics and reporting needs.
- Creation of statements of work that clearly define the services and deliverables required of a vendor in support of the implementation of the data and analytics solution;
- Implementation of HHS performance management dashboards in alignment with executive leadership’s goals and objectives.
- Obtainment of matching federal funds for this initiative through the development of federally approved IAPD(s);
- Support and enhancement of the HHS Performance Measurement Dashboard (PMD).
The Project Manager selected for this position will need to be a highly skilled Project Manager with considerable experience on high-priority projects that span multiple divisions and agencies. The Project manager will be responsible for tracking and reporting all aspects of the project.
High-level responsibilities may include:
- Creation of project management deliverables necessary for this project.
- Bringing the project in to compliance with state and Federal project management and budget coordination.
- Risk identification and coordination of resolution with project leadership.
- Establishing timeline and resource requirements for successful execution of the project. Coordination with key stakeholders and sponsors to obtain approvals.
- Working with various IT and business stakeholder areas to ensure that project deliverables are compliant with state, federal, and other applicable agency standards.
- Stakeholder communications, including project team meetings, management team meetings, and steering committee meetings. This includes preparation and presentation of materials and follow-up on all resulting action items.
- Preparations and approval routing of all internal and external project status/monitoring reports, cost allocation reports, etc..
- Establishing and maintaining a strategic roadmap for the project in coordination with all divisions of HHS and federal stakeholders.
- Conducting procurement exercises as necessary to acquire vendor for project related activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
||IT project management experience.
||Work experience in the information technology industry with at least 5 years of experience involvement in data management solutions (i.e., data warehouses, data lakes, etc.), data analytics/business intelligence, web-based (J2EE) development, or SOA-related projects.
||Experience in project management that entail demonstration of:
Involved in the full lifecycle from analysis and planning to development and deployment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in developing clear, concise project documentation.
- Team management through team meetings, task assignment, mentoring, facilitation and training.
- Progress monitoring to plan through effective use of risk management practices.
- Keep leadership updated on project issues and progress.
- Effectively manage resources in a mixed functional and matrixed project environment.
- Expert problem resolution skills.
- Complete experience with the project management lifecycle (PMLC)
- The ability to develop, document and execute project management plans, work plans and quality plans.
||Successfully management of projects with minimum multi-year budgets of at least $10 million.
||Experience with MS Project, MS Office, Visio, and status reporting tools.
||Experience as a Project Manager for an agile development project.
||Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry.
||Work experience managing multi-agency or multi-IT department initiatives
||Work experience within a Health and Human Services agency.
||Prior experience with the Texas DIR Project Delivery Framework
||Developing Federal Funding Requests, preferably Implementation Advanced Planning Documents for the US Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
To be considered for this position, please send the following to Zandra at Pedigo Staffing Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume in MS Word .doc format
- Three References
- Current & Expected Salary