SQL Server Database Administrator Consultant
Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Location: 909 West 45th St Austin, TX 78751
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
- Enters codes to create production data base.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Answers user questions.
- Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning. Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems.
- Providing assistance in the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems, and ensuring that the conceptual and design phases of new applications are consistent with the structural parameters within the database environment.
- Evaluates users requests for new data elements and systems, incorporates them into the existing shared data environment, and provides technical assistance.
- Coordinates the use of data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy, loads databases, and reorganizes as needed.
- Performs data modeling and prototyping.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models, and creates physical data models from logical data models.
- Performs security recovery procedures.
- Determines and implements database search strategies and storage requirements.
- Maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and sets standards for use of data dictionary.
- Monitors database performance and recommends efficiency improvements.
- Creates test database environment for applications section, including the creation of necessary libraries and procedures.
- Executes the procedures necessary to save, retrieve, and recover databases from hardware and software failures within established procedures.
- Assists with determining, implementing, and enhancing standards on database security and with monitoring agency disaster recovery procedures and systems.
- Assists with the installation of database software and with analyzing, designing, and implementing databases.
- Assists in benchmarking and threshold testing of databases and with establishing and controlling necessary database security.
- Assists in the selection of database management software.
- Experience in computer systems analysis or computer programming work.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems design; of computer operations, systems, and procedures; of project control and cost estimating techniques; of computer programming languages; of data processing flowcharting techniques; of database structures and theories; and of current database technologies.
- Has working knowledge of EIR Accessibility standards and assistive technologies.
- Ensures that user interfaces for database administration and inputting, viewing, outputting data(via reports) are compliant with accessibility standards.
- Provides support to users in obtaining data / information when EIR Accessibility issues arise.
- Examine Database for improvements, analyze table indexing, statistics, analyze and potentially refactor stored procedures, and functions.
- 4 Years - Required, Deep understanding of SQL Server Indexes for optimization, size, and speed.
- 4 Years - Required, Ability to refactor existing SQL code for speed and maintainability.
- 4 Years - Required, Deep understanding of SQL Statistics for optimization, size, and speed.
- 1 Years - Preferred, Professional working experience with SQL Sentry.
- 1 Years - Preferred, Professional working experience using SQL Profiler.
- 1 Years - Preferred, Experience optimizing and evaluate SQL Server maintenance packages.
- 1 Years - Preferred, Experience evaluating and optimizing server settings.
CEO / Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected
Howdy! Proudly serving Texans for 10 years!