GIS Analyst / Business Analyst for TxDOT - Austin, TX
Agency: Texas Department of Transporations, TxDOT
Address: ITD @ Camp Hubbard 3712 Jackson Ave, Austin, TX 78731
Title: GIS Business Analyst, Core
Resume due by: January 3, 2020
Visa Status: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, EAD.
State of Texas and Pedigo Staffing will not sponsor H1-B visa.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one (1) Business Analyst hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Business Analyst 3 in Core Technology and the specifications outlined in this document for Texas Department of Transportation.
The Business Analyst is an Information Technology (IT) position in the Information Management Division working on the Geospatial Roadway Inventory Database (GRID) application improvement projects. We are looking for candidates with a background in business analysis and geospatial systems. The Business Analyst will have an excellent knowledge of geospatial systems, geodatabase, mapping applications, business applications, and GIS process.
The workers responsibilities and skills must include:
- Gathering business, functional and non-functional requirements related to the GRID system.
- Analyzing and properly categorizing reported defects.
- Defining product themes, epics, user stories and product features
- Facilitating prioritization sessions for the complete GRID System backlog.
- Facilitating sprint planning sessions to establish a sprint backlog.
- Documenting requirements and system design using approved agency formats.
- Being a creative thinker to solve application issues.
- Mediating business units that may have conflicting requirements.
- Assisting in the translation of business requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Facilitating and documenting AS-IS and TO-BE process flows
- Writing test cases and scripts to validate code is working as documented.
- 8 yrs - Experience with general IT SDLC processes.
- 2 yrs - Skilled in working on agile projects utilizing scrum
- 5 yrs - Skilled in extracting business, functional and non-functional requirements from business units and IT staff.
- 5 yrs - Skilled in test case planning and quality assurance reviews of test scripts.
- 5 yrs - Skilled in documenting AS-IS and TO-BE process flows.
- 5 yrs - Skilled in educating business unit staff on agile and scrum terminology and processes.
- 5 yrs - Possess strong verbal and written skills in communicating with peers and different levels of users including executive staff.
- 5 yrs - Skilled in mediating business units with conflicting and competing business requirements
- 5 yrs - Skilled in facilitating large group meetings with internal and external resources.
- 2 yrs - Experienced in establishing an agile sprint backlog
- 4 yrs - Experience in writing data base queries and reports to analyze/verify the integrity of an application.
- 3 yrs - Skilled in working on projects utilizing agile project management methodologies
- 5 yrs - Experience good knowledge working with geospatial systems
- 5 yrs - Working Experience with ESRI suite of software products (ArcGIS, ArcSDE)
- 5 yrs - Working Experience with a geodatabase on SQL Server or Oracle in a GIS environment
- 1 yr - Experience with Departments of Transportation
- 3 yrs - Experience working with 3rd party mapping components for integration into custom web applications
- 3 yrs - Experience working with web application development teams and integrating google maps, ESRI, java, and dotnet applications
- 3 yrs - Experience with GIS interfaces such as WMS, WFS, mapping concepts such as map projections, basemaps, shapefiles, layering, tiling, feature extraction.
TERM OF SERVICE
The initial fiscal year 2020 term of service assumes a start date of January 2, 2020, through December 31, 2020. Total estimated worker hours shall not exceed 1115 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
A) Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the TxDOT. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
B) The primary work location will be the Camp Hubbard Building 6, 3712 Jackson Avenue, Austin, Texas 78731. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the worker’s and/or Vendor’s expense.
C) The worker may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through TxDOT.