Title: Java Programmers
Job Order: 1250
Agency: Florida Department of Environmental Protection, DEP
Location: Bob Martinez Center, 2600 Blair Stone Rd, Tallahassee, Fl
Duration of Assignment: August 28, 2017 - June 30, 2019
The Java/JEE developers shall have the ability to analyze, design, develop and implement DEP Java/JEE applications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
REQUIRED Tasks to be Performed
PREFERRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
- Perform technology and architecture upgrades to ensure the stability of applications in the DEP portfolio.
- using Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins or Continuum
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and proactively solve problems and manage issues.
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems.
- Strong deadline and task management skills.
- Sound discretionary judgment skills.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally
- Experience using Git and Jenkins
- Familiarity with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected