Title: Business / Systems Analyst
Job Order: 7640
Agency: Florida Department of Environmental Protection, DEP
Location: Bob Martinez Center, 2600 Blair Stone Rd, Tallahassee, Fl
Duration of Assignment: August 28, 2017 - June 30, 2019
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
REQUIRED - Tasks to be Performed
REQUIRED - Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
- Lead requirements definitions meetings with DEP customers.
- Gather user requirements via joint requirement gathering sessions, workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, and other methods.
- Translate user requirements into requirements documentation that developers and other project team groups can readily understand.
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- 3+ years’ experience in eliciting, gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements to support the development of application software solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in developing use cases, requirements traceability matrices
- 3+ years’ experience in software application testing
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business resources and translate business needs into effective technical specifications
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products
- Ability to understand the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, guidelines, and Power Point presentations
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to maintain a central filing system of all assigned tasks and documentation for knowledge transfer
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical, business, and plain language documents and/or emails, with great attention to detail in all written communications
- Ability to work on multiple projects as a project team member
- Ability to develop automated testing tools and maintain testing scripts
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected