TITLE: Java Programmer
AGENCY: Texas Commission on Enviornmental Quality
LOCATION: 12100 Park 35 Circle, Building A, Austin, TX 78753
RESUME SUBMITTAL CLOSING DATE: May 21, 2017
ELIGIBILITY: No sponsorship, H1B, or Corp2Corp
HOURS: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
- Experienced in developing transaction and reporting applications using Java Script, JSF, Hibernate, J2EE technologies to access an Oracle RDBMS 10g & 11g RAC or later database in a multi-developer, configuration controlled environment;
- J2EE development experience must include using one or more of the following IDE’s:
- Eclipse, Ultra Edit, Dreamweaver, and JBOSS Developer Studio
- Developing business logic for tiered applications utilizing JSF, EJB, JSP, design patterns, and Hibernate, JDK, SEAM 2.0.
- Knowledge of developing and consuming web services.
- Knowledge of internet security exposures and how to code to prevent the application from being hacked or hijacked.
- Experience developing Oracle PL/SQL applications and familiarity with Oracle objects (tables, constraints, triggers, etc.);
- Experience with data modeling, entity relationship diagrams, SQL, and Web page user Interface design;
- Knowledge of database concepts such as referential integrity and data normalization;
- Excellent communication, written and oral, and with people of all technical levels;
- Five (5) years of full time experience in computer programming and/or systems analysis;
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and their integration with end user business processes;
- Skill in preparing technical documents of varying complexities for technical and no-technical audiences;
- Skill in working with data automation standards and systems administration technologies;
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting agency organizations, business practices, policies and procedures;
- Ability to coordinate and evaluate the work of others and to explain abstract concepts and terms.
- The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) reserves the right to select the Workers it determines to best meet its needs even if Workers does not meet all the skills and qualifications listed above.
- Working with the TCEQ IRD staff and user to staff to develop requirements and design documents and SQL-driven screen prototypes from user requirements within a rapid turnaround cycle.
- Assist in presenting the prototype to various end user audiences to demonstrate screen content, dialog, and usability and to identify and incorporate user-requested changes as directed by the technical leader.
- Develop and support the Texas Watermaster Accounting System (TxWAS). Produce when needed prototypes for Internal users.
- Produce module specifications, unit test requirements, and system and integration test requirements.
- Implementing applications in complex environments including access by disabled persons and those using screen readers such as JAWS and the IBM Home Page Reader.
- Developing detailed flowcharts and models, implementing specifications, and performing modifications from design reviews, prototype evaluations and assessment testing.
- Producing running program modules, which meet TCEQ, DIR and World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) specifications and standards.
- Outlining, formatting, and producing detailed program and user documentation.
- Performing acceptance testing and incorporating necessary changes prior to formal production release implementation.
- Design a Technical Migration plan for Java Applications from WebSphere to JBOSS.
- Communicating and working with people of all technical levels in a team environment.
- Other reasonable Developer services as necessary for the Implementation and deployment of selected TCEQ project.
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected