Job Title: Help Desk/Desktop Support
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help Desk / Desktop support Specialist will be providing support to customer’s onsite and via remote services.
- The Specialist acts as a client’s IT support resource.
- The Specialist must have strong troubleshooting skills for Enterprise level desktop/server and able to provide end-user support with minimal supervision.
- The Specialist works with other team members in the planning, development, maintenance, and operation of existing and new technologies for client network infrastructure; ensures network connectivity to both LAN/WAN, including the engineering of standard data communications services; and manages small to moderate projects under senior direction.
- The primary work-hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm - on call 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- The Specialist must have strong customer service skills, since they will interface with clients and IT professionals on a daily basis.
include the following.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Assess and perform incoming service tickets to include password resets, email issues, desktop/laptop troubleshooting).
- Installs, configures and administers data communications hardware, server hardware and server software.
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Terminal Server
- Virtual environments; VMware/Hyper-V/Citrix
- SharePoint 2007/2010
- Manages projects related to help desk / desktop, network, server and enterprise environment. Prepares and executes project work plans; tracks progress.
- Installs, configures and administers software affecting network and computer security and virus protection company-wide.
- Troubleshoots problems related to the security and virus protection environments.
- Develop and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends new products and services.
- Participates and performs in capacity planning and network monitoring as required.
- Ensures that proper system security procedures are in place.
- Completes tasks that meet budget, time frame and quality requirements.
- Works with vendors to procure necessary products and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all IS staff, vendors, customers and management.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Able to gather data and assess situations with minimal assistance.
- Managed Service Provider experience is preferred
- Past experience in the IT consulting services sector is highly preferred (Servicing multiple type of clientele and industries as IT solutions provider)
Prefer Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university.
Must have two or more years of information systems experience.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MCTS, CCNA, Exchange
Consider Pedigo Staffing Services as your partner in employment staffing, permanent placement and contract staffing.
Call us at 210.401.4501!
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected