Title/Level: Project Manager
Agency: Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Location: 4900 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, Texas 78751
Solicitation Reference Number: 2024C0032
Telework Policy: 100% Remote
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Department of Family and Protective Services will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The DFPS IT Division seeks a Worker to perform in a Project Manager 2 role to assist in managing DFPS ITS projects.
DFPS plans to complete several projects that require guidance from a software development- and infrastructure-knowledgeable project manager. The project manager will develop charters, schedules, resource plans, and ensure resources are on track with scheduled work, while managing risks, issues, and action items. The project manager may also perform scrum master duties.
This role may also be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate, plan, and evaluate projects using DFPS PMO project management methodologies and scrum practices.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall development processes.
- For Agile projects, coordinate Scrum sessions and train team members on the Scrum process.
- Monitor and manage project costs and report information to IT leadership as assigned.
- Monitor and manage project quality to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project charter.
- Direct the work of team members in a matrixed environment and use strong written and verbal communication skills to analyze and resolve project issues with input from appropriate management and SMEs.
- Develop charters, schedules, resource plans, and ensure resources are on track with scheduled work, while managing risks, issues, and action items.
- Facilitate and participate in cross-program and multi-agency workgroups, setting goals and objectives, and providing work products.
- Facilitate sessions to further elicit business or technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain project plans, work breakdown structures, schedules, risks and issue logs, action/decision tracking logs, communication plans, and status reports.
- Develop resource management plans to ensure proper staffing levels for each project.
- Work within PMO and with other IT staff and program stakeholders to identify risks/issues and develop mitigation strategies.
- Review and recommend proposals to management.
- Work within the PMO to establish and standardize PM practices.
- Coordinate and communicate with project stakeholders, IT management, and program area staff to facilitate successful completion of project tasks.
- Prepare high-quality written presentations, updates, summaries, and other documents according to target audience needs.
- Provide research on complex topics, including assessment, analysis, and evaluation of federal regulations and communications, professional literature, and other publications to make determinations and recommendations related to state and federal legislation.
- 7 years, Required - Leading Information Technology software development and infrastructure projects in both Agile and Waterfall.
- 7 years, Required - Understanding of a variety of software development topics, such as requirements writing, development, software testing, and code promotion.
- 7 years, Required - Working knowledge of Project Management Life Cycle processes.
- 7 years, Required - Ability to learn and apply DFPS-specific project management and ITS processes.
- 7 years, Required - Working knowledge of project documentation including charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, resource management, status reports, issues logs, action logs, and decision tracking.
- 7 years, Required - Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues.
- 7 years, Required - Ability to manage changes in project scope, resources, and budget.
- 7 years, Required - Ability to communicate project progress and upcoming activities to project resources and all levels of project stakeholders.
- 7 years, Required - Skill in interpersonal relationships, including working with people under pressure, negotiating among multiple parties, resolving conflicts, and maintaining effective working relationships.
- 7 years, Required - Leading project teams to the successful completion of projects.
- 7 years, Required - Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, OneNote, Outlook, and MS Teams.
- 4 year, Preferred - Knowledge of SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems) Certification requirements.
- 4 year, Preferred - Working knowledge of Texas Project Delivery Framework requirements for major Information Resources Projects.
- 4 year, Preferred - Strong understanding of EIR Accessibility requirements and their technical specifications.
- 1 year, Preferred - Prefer Project Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum/Agile certification.
CEO / Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected
Howdy! Proudly serving Texans for 10 years!