Seeking Java Developer, Austin, Texas
Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Telework Policy: Position will be 100% remote.
Solicitation Reference Number: 529400683R
Position Working Title: Java Developer
Resume Due Date: 11-11-2023
Location: 1609 Centre Creek Dr. Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78754
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Software Engineer 3, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Software Engineer 3, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of One Software Engineer hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Infrastructure Cloud Architect and the specifications outlined in this document for Health & Human Services Commission - Social Services Applications team. The Cloud Solution Architect will provide strategic guidance in the development process, make technical decisions regarding solutions.
As part of HHSC IT Applications – Social Services Applications initiatives, the worker is responsible for:
● Planning and engineering of an organization's cloud computing infrastructure and application environments.
● Defining standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
● Leading and ensuring that HHS best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, deployment, and operations in the cloud.
● Defining and developing blueprints and roadmaps for building infrastructure solutions in the AWS cloud
● Delivering solutions with adjacent technologies including Networking, Storage, Security, Identity / Access Management and Monitoring.
● Delivering virtualized environments and provisioning hardware, storage, resources and managing configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services for cloud infrastructure
● Ensuring compliance with enterprise security configuration standards
● Providing direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements
● Providing support for stabilization of Cloud environment
● Working closely with other teams to ensure solutions are engineered and deployed in the AWS cloud, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
● Providing AWS Cloud operational guidance both internal to the team, and for external operations teams
● Investigating and providing feedback on AWS services and solutions related to the work assigned.
● Providing technical oversight, review, and quality control throughout the life cycle of the implementations
● Engaging with Cloud service provider around solving technical problems in the Cloud ecosystem
● Implementing advanced Infrastructure as Code using CI/CD solutions
● Supporting DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools.
● For ensuring required SLAs are achieved in Cloud.
● Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, or management information systems is preferred.
● Cloud Solutions Architect Certification
● Cloud Infrastructure Certifications
● AWS Certifications related to DevOps, Security and Networking
- 8 years, Required - Extensive hands-on experience automating provisioning and deprovsioning of complex application environments comprising of a mix of monolith and moderanized Java applications, oracle databases, IBM Websphere ND, IBM MQ, different COTs products, AWS and VM
- 8 years, Required - Extensive experience in implementing end-to-end environment automation across various layers with minimum manual input
- 8 years, Required - Extensive experience on Terraform, Ansible, AWS SDK, Git, Gitops and/or similar CI/CD tools for automated delivery of environments
- 8 years, Required - Extensive experience with scripting languages like Python, Boto3 to automate toil.
- 8 years, Required - Experience building advanced logging and diagnostics capabilities in automation
- 8 years, Required - Experience to develop frameworks for cloud infrastructure management where reusability, operational cost, time-to-market and product quality are all core elements
- 8 years, Required - Experience in implementation of monitoring and alerting solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, Splunk and/or similar technologies
- 8 years, Required - Experience in Orchestrate and maintaining Docker, Kubernetes and/or EKS clusters for containerized applications
- 8 years, Required - Experience with state eligibility systems, either State of Texas or other states, experience in integration with Federal agencies (CMS, Federal Hub...)
- 8 years, Required - Experience in designing and implementing automation solutions suitable for AWS and/or hybrid cloud implementation
- 8 years, Required - Experience with designing secure and scalable network and storage solutions in AWS Cloud environment
- 8 years, Required - Experience in SRE practices, Chaos engineering, Blue Green Deployments
- 8 years, Required - Experience in collaboration with development and operations teams to ensure high availability, reliability, and security of AWS and/or similar services
- 8 years, Required - Demonstrable experience in performance tuning and optimization of cloud infrastructure
- 6 years, Preferred - Hands-on experience with Agile Development Methodologies (preferably Scrum)
- 6 years, Preferred - Hands-on working experience with JBOSS, Data Power, ISAM, Okta/Sailpoint, PostgreSQL, Informatica
- 4 years, Preferred - Prior federal or state systems experience with Cloud migration
- 4 years, Preferred - Knowledge of APIs design and implementation.
- 4 years, Preferred - Knowledge and experience with Web services and RESTful APIs
- 4 years, Preferred - Knowledge of common testing platforms such as Katalon, Jasmine, Selenium
- 4 years, Preferred - Knowledge of AWS tools and services, tradeoffs, implementation patterns and scenarios
Services are expected to start 12/01/2023 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 2000 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 1609 Centre Creek Dr. Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78754. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Services are expected to start on or around December 1, 2023 and are expected to completed by August 31, 2024. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 2,000 hours for FY24. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.0
A) Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Agency. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., excluding Texas state holidays when the agency is closed.
B) The primary work location will be 1609 Centre Creek Dr. Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78754.