Title: Cyber Security Manager
Agency: Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending
Location: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 201 Austin, Texas 78705
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
The Information Security Officer (ISO) reports to the Manager of Information Resources with access to the Director of Operations for escalated information technology security matters.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- The ISO performs advanced (senior-level) information security work providing direction and guidance in strategic operations and planning for the Cybersecurity Program of the Department.
- Work involves planning, developing, documenting, implementing, monitoring, reporting, and maintaining security measures to protect Department systems and information against unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or destruction.
- The ISO works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Oversees the ongoing development and implementation of mandated information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Directs the design, planning, deployment, and continuous improvement of security infrastructure resources.
- Ensures information security configurations adhere to established information security policies and procedures.
- Reviews results of security assessments, audits, penetration tests, and vulnerability scans of IT systems and coordinates implementation of necessary remediation items.
- Provides input to the agency risk management program through planning, developing, coordinating, documenting, and implementing information technology disaster recovery, business continuity, and incident response plans.
- Reviews security requirements, conducts technical risk assessments for new and existing applications and systems, including physical security and environment.
- Assesses the security practices of external vendors and third-party providers.
- 7 years, Required -Experience in information security operations and/or information security analysis management work.
- 4 years, Preferred - Experience in state of Texas information security operations and/or information security analysis management work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in information technology security, computer information systems, computer science, management information systems, or a related field. Note: Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Certification(s) obtained in at least one of the following preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to information security and privacy (Texas Administrative Code Chapter 202, Texas DIR Security Controls Standards Catalog, NIST SP 800-53, etc.).
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems.
- Knowledge of technology across all network layers and computer platforms.
- Knowledge of operational support of networks, operating systems, Internet technologies, databases, and security applications.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
- Skill in configuring, deploying, and monitoring security infrastructure.
- Ability to direct and organize program activities.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to develop and evaluate policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including translating complex technical information into non-technical, clear concepts, both orally and in writing.