Title: .Net Programmer
State Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Remote: Yes, 100%
Location: 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711
Hours: Standard business hours are within 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday less agency holidays.
Duration: On-Going, No ending date
Covid Vaccine Requirements: No requirement
Resume Submittal Closing Date: 12/01/2021
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) is seeking a Back-End Core.Net Engineer to design highly scalable flexible web applications utilizing .Net core and APIs using Microservices Architecture in an agile/DevOps environment. The Candidate will perform highly advanced design and development work as part of the Property Tax Project or Audit Project team(s) with direction and guidance from the Applications Services Management. The successful candidates will be working with the latest technologies on the backend development in a very high dynamic team of software engineers. The candidates must have strong hands-on technical experience with .NET Core 3.0+, Entity Framework, RESTFul APIs, microservices architecture patterns. The primary goal of the candidate will be to assist with the implementation, optimization and maintenance of back-end framework and services in a Microsoft framework-based development in a Windows/Linux environment.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
- Work with the cross-functional team to understand the requirement and draw solutions, keeping CPA’s technology strategy/tools in mind.
- Work in large complex environments to design, code, implement, and optimize back end services in .NET Core
- Design, write, code, test and implement backend web-services, provide post-production implementation support
- Work with internal CPA IT teams to integrate CPA and vendor developed APIs with the newly developed software
- Implement the CPA approved authentication tools to secure communication between services
- Perform code reviews and analysis
- Provide input towards technical best practices around backend development.
- Provide guidance and knowledge sharing to new/existing development staff.
Must be able to:
- work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Agile Product Owners, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to define strategies and implementation approaches.
- develop, implement, and optimize REST based APIs with .NET Core framework and C#, considering caching mechanism
- use event driven architecture with queuing mechanism
- exercise extensive logging and debugging techniques
- use Entity framework with .NET Core 3.0+
- create relational database designs and models using SQL Server.
- be proficient using/writing Transact-SQL and stored procedures
- be proficient in use of DevOps tools like Visual Studio 2019, TFS, Git, BitBucket, MSBuild, Jenkins and create a pipeline
- administer and support middleware applications used by Application Services.
- work independently in a team environment with local and remote teams
- code and develop application features/capabilities
- work with the relational database including SQL Server
- write complex T-SQL scripts that store and query relational data including joining and grouping
- write unit tests using Jest or Enzyme
- perform in-depth code reviews and analysis
- expertise in Web Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON) using Microsoft framework for Microservices
- problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- knowledge of software development methodologies Agile and Scrum
- 7 years, Required - Experience with Microsoft based full-stack web application development
- 7 years, Required - Experience designing/building APIs/Microservices
- 6 years, Required - Experience with highly complex API interface security requirements
- 6 years, Required - Experience with Microsoft .NET Core 3.0+, C#, MVC
- 5 years, Required - Experience with relational database design and modeling with SQL Server, using complex SQLs
- 5 years, Required - Experience with highly complex application security requirements
- 4 years, Required - Experience implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON)
- 4 years, Required - Experience with relational database design and modeling with SQL Server and Oracle
- 4 years, Required - Experience with TFS, Git, Bitbucket
- 3 years, Required - Experience in developing .NET apps on Linux
- 3 years, Required - Experience completing system documentation
- 2 years, Required - Experience with Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban
- 2 years, Required - Experience with Jest or Enzyme 3.0+
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at 111 E 17th Street Austin, Texas 78711. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.
The Candidate(s) may be required to work outside the normal business hours on weekends, evenings and holidays, as requested. Payment for work over 40 hours will be at the hourly rate quoted and must be coordinated and pre-approved through Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Work Hours: Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Onsite Requirement: Candidate will be working remotely since most contractors are teleworking. Onsite work will be very limited and must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Support Requirement: Candidate may be required to provide support to an on-call programmer.