Title: Business Analyst
State Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Remote: Yes, 100%
Location: Winters Complex, 701 W 51st, Austin, Texas 78751
Duration: On-Going, No ending date
Resume Submittal Closing Date: 11/17/2021
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Business Analyst position will report to the Director of the Medicaid/CHIP Systems team. This team is a part of the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Information Technology - Applications.
The Business Analyst will assist with the Exceptional Item #8 initiative.
This position will aid in analysis and documentation of systems necessary to support the Exception Item #8 initiative.
The Business Analyst's responsibilities include:
- Working with subject matter experts across the HHS system to collect and update business and system data.
- Documenting business and system requirements using approved agency formats.
- Collaborating closely and priorititzing activities with different business units that may have conflicting requirements.
- Facilitating and documenting AS-IS and TO-BE process flows
- Writing test cases and scripts to validate code is working as documented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide clear and consistent status updates and inform stakeholders and agency leadership of project progress.
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project, and Visio).
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) methodologies.
- Able to take direction and delegate activities as needed.
- Maintaining project repository in SharePoint.
- 4 years, Required - Experience within HHS system (or other large healthcare or insurance entity) as a business analyst
- 3 years, Required - SharePoint expertise and ability to make design changes to SharePoint sites
- 3 years, Required - Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups, and manage multiple responsibilities
- 3 years, Required - Functional and technical requirements gathering, analysis and documentation with a strong attention to detail
- 3 years, Required - Developing Use Case documentation and User Stories that lead to clearly defined and numbered project requirements
- 3 years, Required - Experience in executing test scripts and verifying test results using tools like ALM
- 3 years, Required - Possess strong verbal and written skills in communicating with peers and different levels of users including executive staff.
- 3 years, Required - Experience working with full agile system development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3 years, Required - Experience facilitating productive meetings to formulate business requirements and communicate stakeholder needs to technical staff
- 2 years, Required - Experience in System Integration testing including end to end and batch job testing
- 2 years, Required - Experience in Load testing
- 2 years, Required - Ability to work on multiple projects or project assignments
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience with HHSC programs.
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience with testing for Accessibility.
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience with Long Term Care systems
- 2 years, Preferred - Knowledge of the Texas Project Delivery Framework
Services are expected to start 12/01/2021 and are expected to complete by 08/31/2022. Total estimated hours per Candidate shall not exceed 1528 hours. This service may be amended, renewed, and/or extended providing both parties agree to do so in writing.
Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed.
The primary work location(s) will be at Winters Complex, 701 W 51st, Austin, Texas 78751. Any and all travel, per diem, parking, and/or living expenses shall be at the Candidate's and/or Vendor's expense. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will provide pre-approved, written authorization for travel for any services to be performed away from the primary work location(s). Pre-approved travel expenses are limited to the rates and comply with the rules prescribed by the State of Texas for travel by its classified employees, including any requirement for original receipts.