Title: Healthcare Project Manager/Consultant, Austin, Tx
Agency: Health and Human Services Commission
Location: 701 W 51st St, Austin, TX 78751
Hours: 8-5, Monday to Friday
Visa status: US Citizen, Green Card, EAD
Remote: State of Texas agencies are slowly returning to the work site. This position is a remote position, but may require on-site within the next few months. The contractor is to be prepared to work at client site listed above.
The Department of State Health Services ImmTrac2 Registry has been the key program for addressing the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Texas. The main function of the ImmTrac2 Registry is to serve as a repository for the immunization records of the people of Texas and provide accurate data about the number of people who are vaccinated and how much vaccine needs to be sent to providers who are vaccinating the people of Texas.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several new systems are created and rely on ImmTrac2 for data exchange, and additional projects to assist in the effort to address COVID-19 and any pandemic are planned.
The portal through which medical providers must submit vaccine data to the ImmTrac2 Registry, the Integrated Provider Relationship Management (IPRM) system, is malfunctioning. As of May 2021, Information Technology Public Health Applications has 65 Remedy/error tickets for IPRM, 45 of which require both IT and ImmTrac program staff 2-3 hours to resolve each ticket. This unacceptable delay in providing COVID-19 and other infectious disease data to the ImmTrac2 Registry is hampering the ImmTrac program’s efforts to address the COVID-19 Pandemic in Texas. A Project Manager is needed to manage this project to Modernize both IPRM and its companion system the Integrated File Management System (IFMS).
Project Manager will plan and manage this project.
- Owns responsibility for project's actions and communications to Project Sponsors and IT governance committee(s) for accomplishment of project’s objectives.
- Completes project and its deliverables within the defined constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Applies project management principles to the initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close processes.
- Develops and maintains project schedule and additional project documentation as appropriate.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
- Reports project progress to executives and recommends corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinates appropriate participants’ involvement in project activities.
- Ensures resources are available for project assignments to facilitate timely completion of project tasks.
- Identifies potential risks, constraints, and issues that may have an impact on the project and is responsible for the development of strategies to address them.
- Liaisons with Vendor(s) for planning, execution, control, and closure.
- Coordinates with the IT Operations management for network and desktop resources.
- Develops and maintains project documentation.
- Actively manages project via use of the Project and Portfolio Management tool.
- 8 years, Required - Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- 8 years, Required - Performs as a liaison between vendors and program/business and IT Teams
- 8 years, Required - Implements IT projects costing two-million dollars or more
- 8 years, Required - Displays ability to meet tight deadlines in complex IT Projects
- 8 years, Required - Exhibits excellent analytical, problem-solving, team playing and communication skills
- 8 years, Required - Provides strong oral and written communications
- 8 years, Required - Shows knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of public health
- 8 years, Required - Understands the Project Management Life Cycle, the Agile Development Life cycle and the interdependencies among them
- 3 years, Preferred - Understands data analysis process and can participate in analyzing raw data
- 3 years, Preferred - Functions as Business Analyst in requirements gathering, if needed
- 3 years, Preferred - Project Management Professional certification