Title: Front End Web Designer/Developer
Agency: Texas Education Agency
Location: 1701 North Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas 78701.
Duration: On-going, no ending date
Visa: Must be US Citizen, Green Card, EAD. No H1B
Resume Submittal Closing Date: 05/10/2021
Covid Remote: Contractors are working remote from home. However, Contractors are expected to be available to work from agency location in the near future with possibility of 100% at office.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Education Agency and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Education Agency will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
• Design engaging and responsive landing pages for TXschools.gov with UX experience in mind.
• Produce professional design mock-ups for all pages on TXschools.gov (school finder, overview and performance, and analytic tools).
• Perform tests on user interface elements such as call to action(s), layouts, target links, landing pages and banners.
• Develop and maintain designs that are consistent with TEA branding.
• Collaborate with Performance Reporting, Marketing and Communications, and other TEA divisions to edit and finalize design within their expectations.
• Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions.
• Work with TEA programming team to deploy designs within the TEA programming systems.
• Create and maintain a database of design assets.
• Integrate client data feeds into the website.
• Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability.
• Employ industry and design best practice through website build process
• Collaborate with back-end developers to ensure web and app logic is properly integrated.
• Ensure website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet.
• Incorporate brand elements and relevant market research findings into website.
• Provide internal support through the build process of the website.
4 years - Required, Professional design experience
4 years - Required, Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe XD, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
4 years - Required, Background in web/UX design with portfolio of strong creative work
4 years - Required, Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
4 years - Preferred, Social media and email marketing experience a plus
4 years - Preferred, Problem-solving skills to determine solutions to user interface challenges.
4 years - Preferred, Ability to understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
4 years - Preferred, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate ideas to developers.