Title: Healthcare Project Manager
Agency: Health and Human Services Commission
Location: 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756
Hours: 8-5, Monday to Friday
Visa status: US Citizen, Green Card, EAD
Resume Submittal by: 3/26
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Project Manager 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Project Manager 2, Project Management and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
The Project Manager (PM II) is responsible for overseeing and managing the Technical aspects of the DSHS Website and WCMS Redesign project. The position will coordinate with all levels of DSHS and HHS IT management and staff, as well as multiple vendors to gather requirements, ensure the project meets established timelines and deliverables, and adheres to agency standards. The PM works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, yet follows all policies and procedures required by DSHS Web Services/Communications and HHS IT.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that numerous deliverables are provided successfully during the following project phases:
Phase 1 – Website Assessment and Discovery
Phase 2 – Manage the Vendor Offers to Procure and Implement New Web Content Management System and the selection of the new Vendor (WCMS)
Phase 3 – Procure and Implement New Web Content Management System (WCMS)
- Finalize and submit an SOW to vendors to get an estimate for vendor(s) to:
- Conduct a discovery process to determine DSHS’s communication and technology requirements.
- Perform an analysis of DSHS’s current websites, and WCMS to determine where gaps exist in meeting DSHS’s discovered communication and technology requirements.
- Conduct an analysis of DSHS’s COVID-19 website response and identify issues that occurred and provide strategies for future response efforts.
- Conduct a usability analysis to determine user-experience issues, customer needs, and barriers to their success.
- Deliver a Website and WCMS Development and Implementation Plan that incorporates DSHS’s communication and technology requirements, user-experience enhancements, and business needs.
- Develop a Request for Offer (RFO) to implement and configure a new WCMS based on the findings above.
- Develop a Request for Offer (RFO) to redesign, develop, and implement new websites for DSHS based on the Website and WCMS Development and Implementation Plan delivered above.
Phase 4 – Website Design, Development, and Implementation
- Finalize the selection process of the new vendor to:
- Implement and configure a new WCMS application based on vendor recommendations in the Website and WCMS Development and Implementation Plan.
- Perform final security testing and verification.
- Perform final accessibility testing and verification.
- Perform training for DSHS staff to administer and manage the WCMS.
- Provide application stabilization for a determined time period after launch.
- Provide customer support that includes WCMS and website support, maintenance, licensing, ongoing training, and yearly analysis and review.
Project Manager Position Requirements
- Develop and submit an SOW to vendors to:
- Design, develop, and implement new DSHS websites based on the Website and WCMS Development and Implementation Plan delivered during Phase 1.
- Perform testing during key phases of the project to ensure websites meet communication, technology, user-experience, and business requirements.
- Perform testing during key phases of the project to ensure websites meet accessibility requirements.
- Perform training for DSHS staff to administer and manage the new DSHS websites.
- Provide website stabilization for a determined time period after launch.
- Provide customer support that includes website support, maintenance, ongoing training, and yearly analysis and review.
- Owns responsibility for project's actions and communications to Project Sponsors and IT governance committee(s) for accomplishment of project’s objectives.
- Completes project and its deliverables within the defined constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Ensures project operates within the Texas Department of Information Resources Texas Project Delivery Framework.
- Applies project management principles to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and closeout report.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
- Leads Integrated Project Team and Change Control Board meetings and activities.
- Ensures resources are available for project assignments to facilitate timely completion of project tasks.
- Confers with DSHS and HHS IT management, staff, and vendors to discuss project issues, risks, and resolutions.
- Ensure necessary approvals are obtained in a timely fashion.
- Provide written reports to all necessary stakeholders including for communications, IT, accessibility, security, privacy, as well as for any other state and federal requirements on a regular basis.
- Provides technical and non-technical audits, risk analyses, and documents compliance on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively with program staff to assess needs and ensure timely feedback.
- 7 years - Required, Experience successfully managing enterprise-level website assessment and redesign projects.
- 7 years - Required, Experience managing communication and branding-related business projects.
- 7 years - Required, Experience successfully implementing and migrating enterprise-level web content management system (WCMS) solutions.
- 7 years - Required, Skilled in user-experience for websites including conducting and reporting on usability performance using expert assessment, user tests, analytics, and validation tools.
- 7 years - Required, Skilled in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other web analytics tools for tracking and reporting on the success of web projects and campaigns.
- 7 years - Required, Skilled in accessibility for websites including reporting and remediation using expert assessment and validation tools.
- 7 years - Required, Skilled in managing projects with multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- 7 years - Required, Experience producing assessments for workable solutions for business needs.
- 7 years - Required, Experience in information security either on IT Projects or as staff for a state agency or private sector employer
- 7 years - Required, Experience in information technology which includes direct responsibility for service delivery; systems or network configuration; service management and/or risk management; policy and compliance; procedures and standards; best practices; training,
- 7 years - Required, Incident management in a variety of settings, including the State of Texas Datacenter, AWS, Azure, etc..
- 5 years - Required, Experience in technical project methodologies including Agile methodologies.
- 5 years - Required, Experience establishing project organization and defining roles and responsibilities.
- 5 years - Required, Experience working with a state of Texas or Federal agency on public health projects.
- 5 years - Required, Experience producing documents for executive-level leadership.
- 5 years - Required, Experience managing projects using Key Performance Indicators, Earned Value Management, Schedule Performance Index, Cost Performance Index, Critical Path Analysis, and development of Work Breakdown Structures.
- 5 years - Required, Experience monitoring the work of and setting priorities for program/business and technical subject matter experts.
- 5 years - Preferred, Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- 5 years - Preferred, Experience overseeing market research and usability studies to support web redesign projects.
- 2 years - Preferred, Experience with bilingual website buildouts.
- 2 years - Preferred, Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within public health organizations.
- 2 years - Preferred, Experience with public health information systems and software applications.