Job Title: Program Manager
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Agency: State of Texas Agency
Start Date: Immediately, targeting for February 15th, Monday
Duration: 3 - 6 months, with opportunity to extend
Remote: Hybrid remote, work at client site sometimes
Type of Contracting: W-2 (no C2C)
Visa Status: Must be US Citizen, green card holder. State of Texas does not sponsor.
Function: Provide high-level administrative and programmatic support to the Senior HR Project Manager.
Scope: Provide support for a variety of administrative services in support of the Senior HR Project Manager.
Duties, Working Conditions
- Manages medium to large projects using multiple methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma, and/or Waterfall.
- Participates in Sprints and may serve on the Development Team and/or may assist with Sprint Planning
- Creates and maintains process improvement best practices including Standard Operating Procedures, mapping, documentation, analyzing, testing.
- Assist Subject Matter Experts with coordination.
- Provides direct, high level, project support and assistance to the HR Project; including organization and oversight of special projects; management of schedule and calendar; coordination of communication from and to the offices.
- Coordinates and monitors activity and project timelines, recommending actions to maintain timeliness of reporting and other required submissions.
- Works with the team to draft, edit and review project related presentations, reports and other documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works independently and makes decisions based on previous experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field from an accredited institution OR 4 years of comparable experience.
- Preferred - Master’s degree in a field from an accredited institution.
- Four years of professional administrative experience in Project Management/Coordination of Non-Information Technology projects.
- Proven ability to execute and meet deadlines
- Capable of coordinating complex projects.
- Strong experience with Business Processes, Process Improvement.
- Strong background in analysis, gathering requirements, documenting issues.
- Strong background in data analysis, data flow, data mapping.
- Personal Computer and standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated independent decision making, ability to work with discretion, diplomacy and judgement in dealing with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of excellent organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred - Experience in higher education.
- Preferred - Direct Project Management/Agile Scrum experience.
- Preferred - Knowledge using Lucidchart