Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Address: 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Title: C#/ASP.Net Developer/Programmer
Solicitation Reference Number: 52919087
Duration: On-Going, no end date
Closing Date for Resumes: 1/12/2021
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Software Developer 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Software Developer 2, Applications/Software Development and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one (1) Software Developer II, hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Software Developer and the specifications outlined in this document for Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Information Technology.
EJF 1 Designs, codes and modifies complex computer programs, subroutines, triggers, stored procedures, objects, classes and scripts using C#, ASP.net, and Oracle Database. Performs necessary testing of assigned programs, including the generation of test data, writing test scripts/execution sequences, examining test results, debugging detected errors, etc. Uses current software development methods/techniques and established development standards (which include programming standards, documentation standards and testing standards) to ensure the quality and maintainability of applications. Participates in code reviews to ensure compliance with development standards and system/business requirements. (35%)
EJF 2 Works with trainers, technical support staff, network specialists and contract staff to perform modifications and/or updates to existing systems or to implement new systems. Identifies, investigates and resolves production problems. This may include analyzing problems, coding, testing, implementing and training of other technical staff and/or customers. (25%)
EJF 3 Analyzes requirements for new applications/enhancements to be implemented in the division. (10%)
EJF 4 Works with a software development team. Communicates with other team members to coordinate development efforts. Provides development status to the team leader or project manager. (20%)
EJF 5 Assists in the development and maintenance of systems documentation. (10%)
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years , Required - Experience in computer programming, analysis and development of complex business processes and system solutions
- 5 years , Required - Experience in coding, testing, and debugging of programs that are in development and/or requiring support for issue resolution, performance or enhancement
- 5 years , Required - Ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logic; to prepare program specifications.
- 5 years , Required - Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- 5 years , Required - High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others motivate employee and elicit work output
- 3 years , Required - Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions and market experience; ability to relate them to own organization
- 3 years , Required - Knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and tools relevant to infrastructure, information, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- 3 years , Required - Knowledge of emerging technologies (new to company systems as well as those that are new to the information systems industry)
- 3 years , Required - Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures
- 3 years , Required - Knowledge of solution delivery utilizing Agile or Scrum methodology
- 3 years , Preferred - Familiarity with company's information architecture and information management methodologies
- 2 years , Preferred - Familiarity with the existing and planned software technology and the global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components