Agency: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Address: 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Title: Project Manager 2
Solicitation Reference Number: 52919086
Duration: 02/01/2021 - 05/31/2021
Closing Date for Resumes: 1/7/2021, tomorrow!
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Project Manager 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Project Manager 2, Project Management and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Project Manager, hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Level 2 and the specifications outlined in this document for Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Information Technology, Project Management Center of Excellence (PMCoE).
The Project Manager is required to help prepare the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Information Technology department for the upcoming implementation of a new project portfolio management system. The Project Manager must work closely with the program areas and IT project team, including the vendor, as we are implementing the timekeeping and project management suites of the application to ensure the successful use of the application. The agency may or may not extend the engagement with the Project Manager to include future phases of the implementation project.
The Project Manager will lead the delivery of the training to all the existing project managers and project resources.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for preparing, conducting, and delivering the training program for the new project portfolio management tool.
- Collect data and analyze audiences and training needs, based on new business processes and policies, and apply these into successful training delivery.
- Writes documentation and materials to be used in the delivery of the training and designs exercises to enhance the presentations.
- Creates instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids), as needed.
- Plan, direct, and undertake classroom training, electronic learning, webinars, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, and workshops.
- Manage the training program in accordance with business needs.
- Assist staff with their timekeeping and productivity reporting within the new tool.
- Incorporate of curriculum for the teaching process and develops clarification or examples related to the topic or subject matter.
- Development and maintenance of classroom techniques that reflect professionalism, good discipline, and enhanced teaching.
- Development of alternative teaching techniques and scenarios to maintain high motivation and interest in the subject areas.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for training related project communications and status reporting
- Recommends corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinates, tracks, and reports appropriate participants’ involvement in the training activities.
- 5 years, Required - Experience conducting classes regarding standard operating procedures of project management related software solutions
- 5 years, Required - Experience with web-based learning management systems and e-Learning authoring tools
- 5 years, Required - Experience producing documents for processes and use of software systems
- 5 years, Required - Experience implementing training curricula for instructor led courses and videos
- 5 years, Preferred - Experience with project management and portfolio management software
- 3 years, Preferred - Experience working within the state of Texas agencies