Agency: Texas Health and Human Services
Solicitation Reference Number: 52919064R
Position Working Title: Tableau Developer
Resume Due Date: 10-28-2020
Estimated End Date: 8/31/21
Number of positions requested: up to 1
DIR Title: Programmer/Developer Analyst 3
DIR Level: Level 3
Work Hours Start Time: 8:00
Work Hours End Time: 5:00
Full Time: X
Location:8317 Cross Park Drive, Austin, Texas 78754
Notes: This position will initially work offsite, Once HHS staff are allowed to return to the office this position will also be required to report the primary work location referenced above.
Description of Job Duties:
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one (1), Tableau Developer, hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of the Programmer/Developer Analyst 3 and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services.
The contractor will provide Developer Analyst support for the implementation of Tableau Dashboards for the IDD-BHS Division in the Office of Decision Support. This position will assist collect business dashboard requirements by establishing themes, epics, user stories, and features that make up the product backlog. This position will develop the complex Tableau dashboard and train the existing internal staff for future work. Dashboard mockup development and user validation. Acquires data from a variety of data sources for use by Tableau dashboards and reports. Connects Tableau data visualization objects to external data sources, including the testing and validation of the Tableau object’s ability to connect. Collaborates with other members of the Team on the design and implementation of optimal data design to support a Tableau reporting system. Testing, validation, and deployment of webpages and Tableau objects into a production environment. Experience with publishing internal and external dashboards to the organization and a demonstrated understanding of the architecture involved. Experience working with all levels of an organization, along with the ability to collaborate and present at the executive level (regarding dashboards). Project management expertise to structure work, timelines, and lead a team along with the soft skills to appropriately set stakeholder expectations. Excellent at quickly teaming with a variety of stakeholders and resources.
- 8 years, Required - Tableau Dashboard Development
- 4 years, Required - Experience acquiring data from multiple data sources for use by Tableau data visualization.
- 4 years, Required - Experience working with various data sources to include Relational Databases (e.g. MS SQL Server).
- 2 years, Required - Information Technology Project Management
- 1 years, Required - Experience in the solution delivery utilizing Agile or Scrum methodology
- 4 years, Preferred - Tableau Server Qualified Associate or Professional Certification
- 2 years, Preferred - Experience as a web application developer or web page developer
- 2 years, Preferred - Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- 2 years, Preferred - Knowledge of ETL concepts
- 1 years, Preferred - Experience in program oversight, planning, program tracking, scope management, change control management, risk management, and quality assurance of the development project team