3 Month Contract2Hire San Antonio Texas
Field Engineer II
Network Engineering and Help Desk
: Information Technology
Project Lead, Information Technology
Director, Information Technology
Pay Rate: $30.00 an hour or $60,000 client location is downtown; travel around the San Antonio providing client support.
The Field Engineer II will be providing support to our customer’s onsite and via remote services. The Field Engineer acts as a client’s IT support resource. The Network Engineer II must have strong troubleshooting skills for Enterprise level desktop/network/server and able to provide end-user support with minimal supervision. The Network Engineer also works with other team members in the planning, development, maintenance, and operation of existing and new technologies for client network infrastructure; ensures network connectivity to both LAN/WAN, including the engineering of standard data communications services; and manages small to moderate projects under senior direction. The primary work-hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm but we are on call 24x7 on an as needed basis. The nature of this position requires daily travel that can occur both locally, with the possibility of national/international, as needed. Furthermore, the Field Engineer must have strong customer service skills since they will interface with clients and IT professionals on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following.
Education and/or Experience:
- Installs, configures and administers data communications hardware, server hardware and server software.
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Terminal Server
- Virtual environments; VMware/Hyper-V/Citrix
- SharePoint 2007/2010
- Performs design and implementation activities within the network infrastructure.
- Wireless Access Points
- Switches managed/unmanaged
- Firewall (Cisco PIX/ASA)
- Network Cabling (knowledge of cabling design)
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems related to the network and server environment.
- Manages projects related to network, server and enterprise environment. Prepares and executes project work plans; tracks progress.
- Assists in support and maintenance of database hardware environment.
- Ensures software and hardware are compatible with existing network and systems.
- Installs, configures and administers software affecting network and computer security and virus protection company-wide.
- Troubleshoots problems related to the security and virus protection environments.
- Develop and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance on network hardware and servers.
- Evaluates and recommends new products and services.
- Participates and performs in capacity planning and network monitoring as required.
- Ensures that proper system security procedures are in place.
- Completes tasks that meet budget, time frame and quality requirements.
- Ensures proper administration of network and server environments, including network and email accounts, file services and server operating system configuration.
- Works with hardware and communications vendors to procure necessary products and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all IS staff, vendors, customers and management.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Able to gather data and assess situations with minimal assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Managed Service Provider experience is preferred
- Past experience in the IT consulting services sector is highly preferred (Servicing multiple type of clientele and industries as IT solutions provider)
Preferred: Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university. Required: Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school a minimum. Must have four or more years of information systems experience, including four years of experience directly with networking technologies. Must have advanced knowledge of networking.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MCTS, CCNA, Exchange
Pedigo Staffing Services
Right People * Right Skills * Right Now!
9504 IH35 North, Suite 301-2, San Antonio, Texas 78233
210.401-4501 Main extension 12
Consider Pedigo Staffing Services as your partner in employment staffing, permanent placement and contract staffing.
Call us at 210.401.4501!
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected