ITSAC Level Description: Security Engineer
Solicitation Number: 304129152
Send resume by: December 9th
Agency: Texas Comptroller’s Office
& Congress, Austin, Texas
Visa: Must be US Citizen or EAD. No H1-B sponsorship
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the CPA. CPA may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. CPA will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
The Worker will be required to perform advanced network router, switch, firewall and ISE system work which will involve:
- implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the agency’s Cisco ISE solution
- install, configure, test, upgrade, and maintain the Cisco ISE equipment and software
- direct the implementation of modifications to agency’s Cisco ISE solution
- manage and administer ISE servers, including planning and coordinating upgrades and maintenance activities
- implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the agency’s network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution
- install, configure, test, upgrade, and maintain network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution and software
- direct the implementation of modifications to agency’s network routers, switches, firewalls and wireless solution
- using Cisco ISE, routers, switches firewall and wireless implement the following
- 802.1x authentication
- Wired infrastructure
- Remote VPN
- Posture assessments for connected computers
- Multifactor Authentication
- Guest wireless
- troubleshoot network issues
- document implementation plan, changes, architecture and troubleshooting guides.
- cross-train team members
The Worker must be able to work under limited supervision of the Section Manager of Network and Communications.
: Worker will be required to work on site with the team. Working remotely will be limited and must be pre-approved by the Project Manager and Direct Supervisor
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a diverse team environment with local and remote teams
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- Perform related work as assigned
- Must be able to work independently
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work around projects and deadlines with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
The Awarded Vendor and Contractor will be required to furnish and adhere to the following:
- Terms and Conditions: If selected, the vendor shall be require to sign and adhere to the CPA’s Additional T&Cs. The contractor shall be required to sign several security documents and also adhere to CPA’s Additional T&Cs.
- Background Check: Proof/Receipt that a background check has been performed and passed
Picture ID (Government): Copy of a state Driver’s License/ID Card or US Government photo id.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
||Experience with network infrastructure
||Experience with Cisco routing and switching
||Experience with implementing security features with network routers and switches
||Experience with Cisco wireless solution and remote access VPN
||Experience implementing ISE 802.1x
||Experience with Cisco ISE version 2.x
||Experience implementing ISE version 2.x – posture assessment
||Experience implementing multifactor authentication
||Experience implement ISE guest wireless
||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
III. TERM OF SERVICE
||Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security and/or Routing and Switching
||Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE)
||Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
||Experience with knowledge transfer and cross-training
This is currently a 8.5-month assignment:
Estimated FY19: 1362 hours Period of Service: 12/15/18 – 08/31/19.
This assignment may be extended based on need and funding. (# of hours may change based on negotiated hourly rate).
This request includes the option for CPA to renew this assignment for the following terms:
FY20 9/1/19-8/31/20, FY21 9/1/20 to 8/31/21, and FY22: 9/1/21 to 8/31/22
Note: May be changed depending on CPA business needs and funding.
Note: Working overtime maybe expected in order to meet tight deadlines
Proposed Work Period: Start as soon as possible thru 8/31/19 – maybe extended as needed
Note: May change depending on CPA business needs and funding.
PROPOSED WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
Work Hours: 40 hours per week or more. Candidate may have to work evenings or weekends in order to meet business needs and or deadlines.
Pedigo Staffing Services