Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Order: 304128916
Agency: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA).
Closing Date for Resumes: October 30 @ 5:00 PM (CT).
Contract Type: W2 with benefits
Visa requirements: US Citizen, Greencard Holder, EAD. No H1B
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the CPA. CPA may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. CPA will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
The Worker will participate with CPA and a Vendor team to rewrite the existing WebFile applications into a micro-service architecture while integrating services with CPAs legacy tax system.
The Worker perform highly advanced analysis validating proposed architectural solutions, tools, and integration points. As well as validating proposed timelines and overall project performance. Worker will fulfill function as a "trusted expert advisor" and Subject Matter Expert for technical services, to both internal and external customers, ranging from formal advice to internal and external customer presentations.
Worker will perform these tasks:
- Serve as a trusted expert advisor to CPA
- Review and validate proposed software development tools
- Review and validate proposed architectural solutions
- Participate in project meetings, Scrum and otherwise
- Review and validate sprint plans and iterations
- Review project deliverables
- Evaluate project performance
- Assist with Change Management activities
The worker must have a strong technical background in Java and micro-services.
The worker must have strong experience managing and evaluating project performance.
Experience integrating with Mainframe services is not required but is desirable.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to retain knowledge of environment and systems once given instruction
- Knowledge of project management and Agile
- Must be able to work around projects and deadlines with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- Perform related work as assigned
||Hands on day-to-day experience with web application development and maintenance
||Experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in Java
||Experience as a Solutions Architect including:
- reviewing and validating proposed architectural solutions,
- reviewing and validating proposed software development tools,
- serving as a trusted advisor
||Experience managing Software Development projects
||Experience with highly complex application security requirements
||Experience with Agile and Scrum
||Experience with micro-services
||Experience with automated unit testing
||Experience with Docker
||Experience with Cloud Based Development
||Experience with Angular v2 or higher
||Experience with GIT
||Experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in COBOL or Software Ag’s Natural
||Experience integrating mainframe services (Natural / COBOL) with Java services
||Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
||Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
||Professional certifications such as TOGAF, PMP, Scrum Master
Proposed state date is 11/15/18
This is currently a 10-month assignment:
Estimated FY19: 1520 hours Period of Service: 11/15/18-8/31/19
This assignment may be extended based on need and funding.
This request includes the option for CPA to renew this assignment for the following terms:
FY20 9/1/19-8/31/20, FY21 9/1/20-8/31/21; FY22 9/1/21 – 8/31/22
Sr Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
We Are Connected