Agency: Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Enterprise
Location: Winters Complex Building C, 701 W. 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Resume closing date: 07.25.2018
Eligibility: No sponsorship, H1B, or Corp2Corp
Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Business Analyst, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Business Analyst 3 Category, Emerging Technology Type
and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Enterprise.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
HHSC IT is currently in the planning stage of an HHS Data and Analytics initiative with a goal to accomplish the following:
- Development and publication of project management documents and deliverables in compliance with DIR Framework directives;
- Conduct an assessment of HHS data analytics and reporting needs.
- Creation of an RFP that clearly defines the services and deliverables required of a single vendor to design and implement the data and analytics solution;
- Obtainment of matching federal funds for this initiative through the development of federally approved IAPD(s);
- Implementation of an HHS Performance Measurement solution pilot.
Worker responsibilities may include:
- Support for Project Management efforts that may include, but not limited to:
- Creating and/or maintaining project documentation
- Creating and/or maintaining complex Excel workbooks
- Creating and/or maintaining project work plans
- Maintaining and/or enhancing SharePoint communication websites
- Providing project level analysis and producing project analysis documentation such as swim lanes, time lines, and process flow diagrams
- Participation in requirements gathering effort that may include, but not limited to:
- Interviewing users to gather and/or validate requirements
- Conducting requirements gathering session and/or workgroup activities
- Consulting with technical and functional experts at all levels to obtain requirements
- Interpreting new and changing business requirements to determine the impact and proposing enhancements and changes to meet these new requirements
- Acting as point of contact for the subject matter experts (SMEs) for all requirements-related issues
- Producing business, functional, and technical specifications, diagrams, and other documentation
- Reviewing existing contracts to identify standard performance measurements and service level agreements
- Documenting business knowledge from business subject matter experts
- Gathering and documenting metadata information
- Identifying and documenting business processes – produce functional and technical specifications as required
- Coordinating and facilitating various types of meetings, including summation and action item follow-up
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Special Requirements:
If the Vendor or any of its Workers participate in the preparation of specifications for any solicitation (e.g. Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Offer (RFO), etc.) that may result from work performed by the Vendor under this agreement, or if the Vendor or any of its Workers are capable of influencing the development of such specifications by virtue of the Vendor’s work under this agreement, the Vendor and its Workers are prohibited from performing any services or receiving any compensation under a contract resulting from such a solicitation.
In submitting a resume for this solicitation, the vendor attests to their compliance with e-verify for the submitted candidate. E-verify requirements are outlined in Appendix A, Section P. Immigration, of the Standard Terms and Conditions for Information Technology Staff Augmentation Contract.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
||Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience as a business analyst for a software development, data analytics, performance management system, or data warehousing project.
||Hands-on experience in business/systems analysis in the technology industry, including developing requirements documents, use cases, and specifications.
||Strong technical writing skills, including proficiency with modeling and mapping tools (e.g., Visio), the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
||Experience creating As-Is business process flows and visualizing, diagramming and explaining To-Be business process flows.
||Demonstrated ability to facilitate productive meetings and follow meeting practices, such as adherence to meeting agenda, documentation of meeting outcomes, and driving action items to closure.
||Excellent oral and written communication skills.
||Ability to act in a consultative role to understand functional business processes and related technology components and processes and to develop solutions and delivery proposals.
||Proven ability to use good judgment and work successfully with technical and non-technical groups.
||Effectively manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize conflicting assignments, and switch quickly between assignments, as required.
||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business or equivalent experience.
TERM OF SERVICE
||Experience as a Business Analyst for a data analytics, data lake, or data warehousing project.
||Experience documenting the complete project management lifecycle (PMLC).
||Experience creating or maintaining Microsoft SharePoint Websites.
||Prior experience on an Agile sprint team is preferred
The initial fiscal year 2018 term of service assumes a start date on or around August 13, 2018 through August 31, 2018. Total estimated worker hours shall not exceed 160 hours for FY18 and will most likely be extended in