Resume Submittal Deadline: May 29, 2018 @ 12:00 noon CST
Title: Database Administrator
State of Texas Agency: Texas Office of the Attorney General
Job Solicitation: 302CSD1821
Address: 5500 E. Oltorf Street, Austin, Texas 78741
Duration: On-Going (no ending date)
Visa requirements: Must be US Citizen, Green Card Holder, EAD. State of Texas will not sponsor H1-B. No C-2-C. No exceptions.
The Worker will be responsible for installing, configuring, designing, administering, maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the agency application and portal servers; including patching, upgrading, and installation. This role optimizes the WebSphere environment by monitoring the system and logs and resolving product issues, working with product vendor support to resolve issue, automating the configuration or the environment. Work is accomplished in a highly collaborative environment and independently with a focus on quality and customer service.
• Resolves application server performance issues, capacity issues and integration issues with other system components
• Designs, builds, configures, and administers WebSphere Application Server and Portal Server environments.
• Supports software developers with troubleshooting WebSphere based application server issues
• Develops strategies for configuration, backup/recovery, high-availability, and disaster recovery solutions for WebSphere application and Portal servers on Unix based platforms
• Troubleshoots existing Application server environments by monitoring and diagnosing performance related issues. Familiarity with associated monitoring tools.
• Installs and configures WebSphere Application/Portal Server software
• Recommends and coordinates the upgrading and patching WebSphere Application Servers and work with development teams to validate/test applied patches.
• Supports full life-cycle development (architecture, development, network, and software releases)
• Strong ability to create custom scripts (SHELL, Python, Jython, Jacl, wsadmin)
- 7 years, Information technology, computer system analysis, computer programming, or closely related experience
- 7 years, Experience as an administrator with IBM WebSphere Application Server v8, v8.5.5 or above (incl. Network Deployment)
- 7 years, Experience as an administrator with IBM WebSphere Portal Server v8 or above
- 7 years, Experience as an administrator with IBM WebSphere based servers in a High availability environment
- 7 years, Experience supporting application development teams
- 7 years, Considerable knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies
- 7 years, Skill in identifying and resolving problems using strong analytical techniques, innovative approaches, and taking initiative in preventing and solving problems
- 7 years, Skill in effectively sharing accurate information both orally and in writing
- 7 years, Experience working in a UNIX/LINUX environment (including writing shell scripts and commands)
- 6 years, Experience integrating IBM WebSphere application server with other products like Ldap, IBM MQ, Datapower as a WebSphere Administrator in a Java development environment
- 6 years, Experience with IBM WebSphere application server in a Java development environment
- 8 years, Experience in providing technical support for system architecture planning and design
- 6 years, Experience in Websphere Portal support
- 6 years, Experience with any of the following tools: Rational RequisitePro, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest
- 4 years, Experience in integrating with Websphere Process Server and providing support
- 2 years, Experience working in Public Sector with PII data
- 1 years, Experience with the Texas Child Support Program
- 1 years, Experience with XC10
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related discipline